As I shared with you in this post last week I am the proud new owner of a Nikon D40 digital SLR camera! I have been wanting a camera like this for a very long time because of the artistic freedom I will have using the manual modes...not that I know what I am doing, but I am very excited and eager to learn.
I decided this past weekend that it would be fun to take our kids to the local community garden (Dow Gardens) to take some pictures and play with my new camera. Before we left I thought it would be a good idea to charge the battery just to make sure it would be full.
Now, I did NOT say to myself...you know if you put this battery in the charger now you are going to forget it....no, I won't forget it...I'll remember it for sure...okay, but I'm gonna laugh when I get to say, I told you so!
About an hour later we did NOT arrived at the gardens, unload the car, pack up the stroller, go inside and pay our admission fee. We did NOT walk about 100 yards when I thought to myself how cute the kids looked walking together ahead of me, and I did NOT decide to quickly take a picture of them while they were preoccupied by the beautiful flowers....
WHAT!?!? The camera won't turn on!?!?!
Oh...NO...I...DIDN'T!!!!!
You guessed it..... I did NOT forget that blasted battery!!!!
I then did NOT proceed to return to the ticket counter and explain my most embarrassing situation and ask if we could return later or get a refund. Thankfully the lady was very nice (and probably a bit amused) and kindly gave us a full refund.
I did NOT end up making the hour long round trip back home to get my battery because I really wanted to take pictures and the kids were actually excited (and willing) to pose for me...how could I not get it?
To make this story even funnier...my first thought was NOT...this will make a GREAT "Not Me!" post!!
After we returned to the gardens with the fully charged battery in the camera we ended up staying for 3 hours just walking around and taking pictures. The kids were wonderful and enjoyed finding pretty spots for posing. Despite my moment of memory lapse we had an awesome day and we can't wait to go back this fall!
...and don't forget to check out the post below about Sammy's first day of school!
1 comment:
Are you related you me???
LOL!
Sooooooooooo something I would do...so don't feel bad at all.
LOL!
Post a Comment