Although I am only a novice photographer, I absolutely love taking pictures. For the longest time I have been wanting to get a digital SLR camera. Of course, these camera's come with a hefty price tag and have always been just out of our budget. Fortunately I was able to earn enough money from the yard sale to finally get this Nikon D40 camera!Being the 'frugalista' that I am though, I did not pay the full retail price for it! I had already been thinking that I wanted to spend my earnings on a camera, but I had fully intended to shop around for a great deal. Monday I went to Target for a battery for my other camera and happened by the camera counter. I was 'just looking' but then there it was...on clearance! I asked the guy about it and he said it was marked down only because it was last years model...and it was the last one. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at that point, so I told the guy I needed to think about it. I walked around the corner and figured out if I had enough saved to purchase it. I decided that I did and that if I didn't get it then I'd regret it later. Much to my surprise, when he rang it up, it was another 20% off the clearance price!!! I think someone really wanted me to have this!
I have patiently waited a looong time to get a camera like this and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to play with it and improve my photography skills. I have so much to learn!
4 comments:
Awesome deal! Have fun working with it....and I look forward to seeing the pictures you take!
Awesome! Envious of your new purchse. :) I expect all kinds of pictures posted up here now! :)
Congrats on the new camera!! Even better with savings!! I can't wait to see your pictures!
Congratulations!! I cant wait to get one too!
Post a Comment