Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sammy's First Day of School

This year is Sammy's second year of Head Start (preschool) and he is very excited and happy to be going back. The first day was 'Parent Day' so I was able to go with him. I felt bad though because due to the busing route he was placed in the afternoon class meaning that we had to wait until 11:00 before it was time to go. He had a really hard time understanding why it was taking us so long to leave. He kept telling me that we were going to be late or miss the bus. It was a very long morning to say the least!
---
Before we left we had to get the traditional 'first day of school' shots of course. This at least helped to pass some time!Doesn't he have just the most handsome smile you ever saw...LOL!Finally we arrived at school...here he is in front of the school doors.Since he has been through the program before he knew just what to do. First he found his name tag and clothes pin and then he had to answer the 'question of the day' which was...Are you 4?Then of course comes the nutritious lunch time meal. I asked him to smile for me but just as I snapped the picture he opened his mouth...nice!After lunch time, Ms. M. read The Kissing hand to the class.Then it was free time for awhile...Sammy loves playing the computer.And we also got to make our own 'Kissing Hands' together. Didn't we do a great job?Over all we had a great day! Sammy picked up right where he left off. He remembered all the songs, rules, and activities from last year. I left Sydney with a babysitter for the first time which I was a little nervous about, but she did great and it was nice being able to spend some one on one time with my best little buddy!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Awwwww!
Looks like fun!
I love "The Kissing Hands"!!!