If you remember from
this post I talked about our fun filled afternoon at Dow Gardens last Saturday...that is after we returned with the battery for my camera of course! As I promised, here are some of my favorite pictures from that day.
---
First we started out at the big rock wall which the kids loved climbing and finding places for me to snap some neat pictures.

Another visitor, who also had a precious baby in tow, kindly offered to take a picture of the 5 of us and then I returned the favor for her.

Around the corner is this cozy little nook that would be very easy to miss if you weren't looking for good photo ops, but I had three helpers with great eyes! Of course, Sydney was doing her best to ignore me no matter what kind of sounds I made...luckily this spot was tucked away a bit or might have gotten a few strange looks!

Next was the Red Bridge and Sydney decided to see where those goofy noises were coming from, but it only interested her for one second and then she decided she'd rather pull Sammy's hair!!

After a little hike we found a big beautiful willow tree to set under and get out of the sun...not to mention it really was a pretty backdrop for some more pictures.

I really had to make some outrageous noises to get Sydney's attention for these pictures...she was so engrossed in the grass. I guess I would be too if it was my first time sitting in it, especially since it was so nice and lush.

Our last stop for the day was the Children's Garden. We had never been to this part before and found it a wonderful addition to our adventure.

The girls thought it was so neat that they could pump their own bucket of water and then actually water all the plants and flowers.

Sammy found some water to play with too...and a boat.

And Sydney was just chillin' and chewin' on her fingers...like always.

Despite forgetting my battery, we had an awesome day spending time together. I am so blessed to have such wonderful (not to mention photographic) children.

We are already planning to go back this fall when the leaves start changing. Can't wait to take some more pictures and spend another great day with my darling kids!
2 comments:
Very nice photos! I miss my SLR (it's not digital..so I don't use it). But I am learning to use my digital point and shoot in manual mode.
Great pics! Glad you were able to turn the battery situation into a good one. :)
Post a Comment