Monday, September 28, 2009

Seasons and Sunday Drives

People often ask what my favorite season is but I don't really have one favorite. I have to say for me, my favorite time is the changing between seasons. There is just something so refreshing and renewing about going from one season to the next. I love the first part of fall because the leaves are starting to turn glorious bright colors, yet there is still some of that strong green in the background which perfectly accents the beautiful reds, oranges, and yellows. I love the first part of winter because the snow is white and crisp and covers up the drab brown leaves and trees. I love the first part of spring because the warm and fresh spring air is so refreshing after a long and cold winter. I love seeing the flowers come out from their winter homes and bring new life and color to the dreary scenery. And I enjoy the first part of summer because it means school break, summer vacations, and long days. And even though these seasons come to an end, there is always a new beginning; to start fresh and new. I think this could be said of many things in life...don't you?Anyway, I thought yesterday was a beautiful day to take a "Sunday drive" with the family. So, I packed us a picnic, we loaded up the van, and off we went. We didn't have any place particular we wanted to go, it was more about just spending some good quality time together.

We spent the first part of our trip scouting for geese and ducks since that hunting season is coming up next weekend. And speaking of seasons, if you ask my husband what his favorite season is he will definitely answer you with a type of hunting season...which ever it happens to be closest to and that time!


We eventually ended up at a park where we had our picnic lunch and the kids played on the playground while mommy snapped lots of pictures (of course!)Here is Sydney just hanging out in the stroller watching the older kids play. I'm sure she can't wait until she can join them.This is Annabelle being....Annabelle! She may be quiet and shy around others (like her mom) but she is a regular goofball...(also like her mom!)Here is Alivia, just a pretty little thing with a heart of gold. Sammy wanted to cross the monkey bars like his big sisters, but he's not quite strong enough to hold himself up yet...but not to worry...daddy came to his rescue. Nothing warms my heart more than to see daddy playing with his kids!

It really was a perfect afternoon and we all had a great time!
I will always cherish days like this!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Well said! I know exactly what you mean. Beautiful post, beautiful pictures, beautiful family, beautiful hearts!!

We need to get that scrap outing together and drool over all these pictures you're taking!!