Easter was a little different for us this year. Usually we come home after a day full of fun and festivities and crash. Well, hubby and I do anyway...the kids are still pretty wound up from all the sugar. Okay, so this year wasn't really all that different except the two extra kiddos we brought home with us. There was still crashing and still sugar filled excitement going on!
So how did we end up with two extra kids you ask. No, the Easter Bunny wasn't playing an April Fools joke on us. We brought home our nieces to stay the night with us because their mommy (my SIL) was scheduled to have an early morning c-section the next day! We were thrilled that we could keep them so their mommy could get a good night sleep before her big day.
They were very good little girls too. They slept great through the night and played very well with our kids. Annabelle and Alivia were great helpers in keeping them occupied as well. They did start asking to go outside about 8:00 am, but I made them wait until it warmed up just a bit. Then, off they went!
A little while later, Grandma Teresa called to tell us the good news...
their baby brother was here!!!
I told the girls what Grandma said, but they looked at me like I was a little crazy. Ariana (who is 4)insisted that he wasn't going to be here until tomorrow, not realizing that it was "tomorrow." Adalyn (who is 3) kept looking out the window for her mommy and brother, thinking I meant he was here, at our house! Too cute!
Here he is:
Zane Michael Campbell
8lbs 13.9oz 20in long
Grandma Teresa picked the girls up in the afternoon so she could take them to meet their baby brother. I'm not sure if they were more excited about that or getting to go to grandma's house! Andy and I went later in the evening after he got home from work. He is absolutely adorable and has the cutest little dimple in his chin.
I could have cuddle with the sweet bundle of joy all night long, but eventually it was time for us to leave so I kissed his soft head and gave him back. Can't wait to get some more Aunty cuddle time!
We want to send our love and congrats to the Campbell family.
You have added another perfect addition to your family and we wish you all the very best!
Love you all so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment