Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggs, Easter, Birthdays, and Birth Days

What does one have to do with the other you ask? Well, not a lot really other than they all happened in the same weekend! We celebrated Easter with our families as well as a birthday and a birth day.
On Friday the kids and I colored Easter eggs at home. Sydney kept telling me it was "cool!" That is her new word recently.
The following day we went over to my parents house to celebrate Easter and my niece, Allie's 5th birthday. The kids colored Easter eggs with Grandma too! More fun, and more stained fingers!
Sunday morning, the kids waited patiently in their rooms until they thought it was safe to wake us up. Of course I was awake the whole time, but it was fun listening to their conversations. Finally everyone was up and they opened their Easter baskets. Again, Sydney kept saying "this is cool mommy!"
After breakfast we got dressed into our "Sunday best" and headed to church. I made the girls outfits this year and a flower out of left over material for me so I could match. At church the kids participated in an Easter egg hunt and then sang in the program. They did a great job!
 Our last stop for the day was to G&G Bovee's for Easter dinner. It was delicious as always. Afterwords the kids went outside for another Easter egg hunt. It was such a beautiful day and Im so grateful for the nice weather we had.
Last but not least is a picture of my little girl being her ever 'oh so cute' self...I just love her adorable face! She looks so innocent doesn't she??
Hope you all had a blessed Easter...we sure did!

Oh...about the Birth Day...we welcomed the newest member into our family yesterday...but I will tell you more about that tomorrow and share some pics of his sweet little face!

No comments: