Cabin fever...winter blues....whatever you want to call it, we've had it! Not to worry though, I came up with a clever plan to shake those winter blues right out of here! I thought it would be fun to take the kids on a mini vacation so I booked us a room at the Midland Resort. It's close,easy on the pocket book...
and it has an indoor pool and play area! What's not to love??
First thing Saturday morning we headed to the mall to hang out for a bit. I figured that would be a good way to kill some time until we could check into our room later that afternoon. We shopped a few stores and found some bargain deals at Target, then we had lunch at McDonald's (fancy I know, but they love it!)
![]() |
| Sammy and I after lunch |
Then we went to the book store and we each got a book. I had gotten a $20 gift card to Barnes and Nobles for $10 at Groupon.com so of course we had to use it! After that we needed a refreshment so we ordered these...
Shamrock shakes!! So yummy!!! And now they come with cool whip and a cherry...how could we resist?!?
By the time we finished up with those it was time for us to check into our room. When we walked into the lobby the kids were amazed!
They couldn't believe how "fancy" it was. Now for those of you who don't know, this hotel is quite old and really far from fancy...the fanciest thing about it, is their lobby. But hey, who am I to deny my children their fantasies right?
| Relaxing and checking out the Disney Channel...a rare treat! |
Once we got all settled into our room we decided to find out where the pool and play area was. Once again the kids were pleasantly surprised! The play area puts Mr.McDonald's play land to shame!
Sammy said to me as he was grinning from ear to ear,
"Mom, this hotel is soooo awesome!"
Sure makes a mom feel good!
We also discovered that they had a game room,
so of course we had to play in there for awhile too!
After a bit of playing we headed back to our room to change into our suits and hit the pool. We swam for a couple of hours...
and then we tried out the hot tub!
It took a bit of convincing on my part to get the kids to try it, but once they did they loved it! As for myself, I could have sat in the hot tub all day, or at least until I looked like a shriveled up raisin!
After we were done swimming we decided to order dinner and watch a movie. We got dinner just fine, but I wasn't thinking when I rented the DVD's that there wouldn't be a DVD player in the room. So, I tried to play them in the computer....
No such luck there either...the computer kept freezing up. So, we ate our dinner and headed back to the pool...well, the kids went swimming anyway...I read my new book!
When they got all the swimming in they could stand we went back to our room to do make overs.
We tried to get Sammy to participate too, but he was having NONE of that! After seeing my make over I was kind of wishing that I had opted out too! YIKES!
It was fun though even if I did look like Tammy Fay. (You can't really see in this picture, but I had on lots of BLUE eye shadow...it was perrtty!)
We finally ended up turning the lights out around 11 pm...way to late I know, but it was vacation right? I think the kids had a great time and I am so thankful that God provided for us in a way that I was able to make such a special memory with my them. I hope they will cherish this special vacation for years to come
...I know I will!
p.s. If you are wondering where Sydney is, she stayed with Grandma Jill and Grandpa Lenn. We really missed her, but it was nice being able to bond with the older kids instead of having to focus so much of my attention on her. I know they really enjoyed that too and Sydney loved having G&G to herself!!
p.s. If you are wondering where Sydney is, she stayed with Grandma Jill and Grandpa Lenn. We really missed her, but it was nice being able to bond with the older kids instead of having to focus so much of my attention on her. I know they really enjoyed that too and Sydney loved having G&G to herself!!






2 comments:
a shamrock shake sounds AWESOME right now.....
looks like tons of fun Jenn! great job making it special for them!
Your kids are so beautiful!!! But, I have to say I never heard of thos kinda shakes before, I'll have to try that someday:)
Post a Comment