Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Special Day

Today my sweet little Annabelle turns 9 years old! When she woke up this morning she said, "I think today is a special day." And she's right, it is a very special day. I can hardly believe that nine years ago today I became a mommy for the first time and life as I knew it would never be the same...it would only be better! She completely stole my heart from the very first time she was placed into my arms and she looked up at me with her loving eyes. I had never known such an unconditional love until that very moment. I know it's cliche, but in a way it seems as if it was just yesterday, yet at the same time the memories are becoming distant and fleeting. She is growing into a beautiful young lady. She has been an amazing helper to me with her younger siblings, especially Sydney. I see so much of myself in her, which isn't always a good thing, but it makes her who she is. She is also a lot like her daddy. She loves, loves, loves the outdoors and wants to do everything that her daddy does. We love her so much and we are so thankful that God chose us to be her parents.

Happy Birthday Annabelle. We love you and hope that every day can be a special day for you!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Happy birthday sweetie!!!

Hannah said...

happy Birthday Kiddo!