Monday, January 11, 2010

As Promised

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get to this. Sydney has been feeling yucky all week and she just needed her mommy. And Lord knows, she always gets her way! Thankfully she seems to be on the mend and is almost back to her happy, silly self.

For anyone interested I will do a short recap of our holiday season. As per tradition we spent Christmas Eve day at my parents house. Mom made us a wonderful breakfast and then we opened gifts. Although the kids usually open their gifts first, my mom insisted that I go first because she was so excited about what she had gotten me. I was excited too when I opened it and saw she bought me a Wii Fit Plus! I was so hoping that's what it was! It is going to help me keep my New Year's Resolution...but I'll save that for another post.

Later, again per tradition, we spent the evening at Andy's grandma's house. The kids always have a good time playing with their cousins. Sammy got an airplane from grandma that ended up being his favorite gift this year.
Christmas morning the kids woke up at 2:00 am. Yes, you read that right...two o'clock AM! I told the kids it was way to early to get up, but they were too excited so I told them they could play quietly for awhile in their room hoping that it would give me a few more hours of rest. Around 5 am I got back up and they were just heading to bed so I told them to sleep for a bit and we could open gifts when they woke up. Thankfully they slept until 8 am. I liked to get up early when I was a kid too, but that is definitely a new record! Sydney (my good child) slept until 10 am though!Normally after we open gifts we eat breakfast and have to rush around to get ready to go to my grandma's house. But because of the bad weather this year I decided that it would be best if we didn't travel. I felt bad at the time but it ended up being a great decision because we had the best Christmas we've ever had! There was no rushing, no arguing, no stress! We stayed in our pj's, played with toys and took naps. I have never (in my adult life) enjoyed Christmas as I did this year so I have made another decision that from here on out we will be spending our Christmas days at home. We did go over to Andy's parents later that evening, but I was in such a great mood that I was actually able to enjoy myself!Once again the kids got spoiled by all. Sydney enjoyed her first Christmas too. She especially loved eating the wrapping paper no matter how many times I told her not to.
We also celebrated the New Year with some very special guests. Raemy, Alex and Delilah hung out with us for the evening. We pretty much just sat around and watched Delilah and Sydney play with each other. What can I say...we are easily entertained! Of course, you can tell we are parents with babies...by the time the ball dropped we could barely able to keep our eyes open! Yeah, yeah...we're party animals...I know!
So, that's about it in a nut shell. We had a wonderful Christmas and we are looking forward to wonderful new year!

No comments: