Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to School

Summer was great. We had a house full of kids and did lots of fun summer activities. Sadly (well, not to sad) it all must come to an end. Actually, the kids have been counting down the days for the last few weeks. The have been ready to get back to school to see their old friends and wear their new clothes. They were also looking forward to seeing their teacher and even getting...HOMEWORK again!!!

This year the girls are in the same class. Mrs. Benjamin teaches a 2nd/3rd grade split class which Annabelle was in last year as a 2nd grader. She loved Annabelle so much and visa versa that Annabelle was asked to come back as a 3rd grader. For whatever reason they (whoever they are) decided to put Alivia in the same class.

As per tradition we had to do the morning photo shoot before the bus arrived. If only the kids would continue to be this happy and awake for the entire school year!!Don't they look so stylish?Of course, Sammy and Sydney had to get in on the action too. Sammy didn't start school until the next day (tune in tomorrow for more on that) and Sydney thoughly enjoyed sitting on the porch while mommy snapped away!Once again, Miss Pam is the bus driver for the girls this year. They just love her. It really helps to start the day off right when you have a great bus driver!!
---
The kids had a great first day of school and they couldn't talk fast enough to fill me in on all the details. Annabelle was a little bummed that she didn't get homework, but I know in a few months she'll relish these homework free days!
---
As for me...I am truly enjoying a bit of piece and quiet. I love having the kids here, but I won't take these quiet times for granted either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable and definitely stylish!! I'm so glad school is off to a good start! I look forward to reading about Sammy's first day tomorrow!!

ellie said...

awww, what cuties! Hope they had a great first day back!