Thursday, June 18, 2009

Celebrations

As most of you know, Tuesday was as I like to say, my 'first' 29th birthday. And what a wonderful birthday it was. When we sat down to dinner Andy asked the kids if they had told me Happy Birthday yet but they didn't even realize it was my birthday because I hadn't said anything. It just never really crossed my ever aging mind I guess. Sammy of course said that it couldn't be my birthday because we were not having a party and I didn't get any presents. Guess he really knows how we should celebrate! Later that night when I went to pick the kids up from VBS, I was serenaded with a wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday (cha-cha-cha) by the whole VBS gang! That sure made me feel very special and topped off my whole birthday.

I also wanted to thank all of you who sent me birthday messages via Facebook or on my blog. I loved and appreciated each one!

Last Sunday Sammy and Sydney were dedicated to the Lord. We are so blessed and honored that God chose us to be their parents. We want nothing more than for each of them to choose one day for themselves to follow the Lord with their whole heart. And we will try our best to help lead them down that path. They are all so precious to us and we thank God everyday for joy they have brought to our lives.Here is our first official family photo...at least with everyone dressed up and happy!
{Sydney in her beautiful dedication dress from Grandma Teresa.}
After church we invited the whole family over to help us celebrate the dedication and Sammy and Alivia's upcoming birthdays. June is so full of birthday's and other parties, that we decided it would be best to celebrate every thing at one time. It was a very nice party. We had a cookout and Andy got to use his new grill. The kids received some very nice gifts also. Sammy {who will be 4 on June 20th} got a real fishing pole from grandma and grandpa Bovee. He was bound and determined that he was getting one even before they bought it. I bought Alivia her first scrapbook which she has been asking for now for quite awhile. She opened it up and said, "I finally got one!" Alivia will be turning 7 on June 30th and wants to be just like mommy!
Dear sweet Sydney slept though most of the party but she did get some beautiful bling which she proudly showed off. Grandma Cameron bought her a gold heart locket and and Aunt Haley gave her an adorable {and tiny} bracelet.

Over all we had a great day of celebration with our wonderful and loving family. Thank you for sharing our special day with us!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

what a wonderful celebration!

I can't believe how much each of your children have grown since I was last "home".

Miss you all!

Jami said...

Happy Birthday again, Jenn! Glad you spent it in the happiest way! I'm a full 10 (almost 11) years older than you, so no more teasing about getting old, girlie!
Love ya!

Melody said...

Awww...
Great post and wonderful pictures!
You are so blessed!
And I am blessed to know you.
Melody :0)