Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Today's Appointment

Well, today went about how I figured it would. The doctor asked us 101 questions about my pregnancy, and Sydney's birth and our family history. Then another doctor came in. She checked Sydney over and felt her stomach and said everything looked fine. She wants us to get the ultrasounds results from the first time the cyst was detected, then have another ultrasound done in June here at home. In July we have an appointment set to return to Ann Arbor so the doctor can compare the results of each ultrasound to determine if the cyst has changed in size or not.

She said she wants to avoid surgery unless its absolutely necessary especially because she is so little. She also said that in most cases like this the cyst just disappears on it's own within six months. Both of which are excellent news.

So, even though I kind of felt like today was a waste of time because they didn't really do anything I guess now we have a course of action. Also, I trust that this doctor knows what she is talking about and I can trust her judgment that there isn't really too much to be concerned about in Sydney's case.

On the fun side, we stopped off at the Birch Run Outlet mall on our way home and snagged some awesome deals. I found shirts for 99 cents each at the Children's Place...so of course I grabbed a few for each of the kiddos! Andy got some nice shorts from the Columbia store for pretty cheap too. He's not much of a shopper, but he actually wants to go back down there some day when we have more time (and $$)! It won't hurt my feelings any that's for sure ;)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers once again. We love you all!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

oh, i'm so thankful that you have some news...even though you have to go back, and it means more appts...at least you have a course of action.!

Miss you.