1. I am worried that Andy will take the whole day off, we will drive all the way there and then come home with the same information that we already have. That they will tell us she has a cyst, that it is the size of the dime and that they will just continue watch it via ultrasounds, and that if it burst she will be in a lot of pain.
2. On the other hand I am worried that the course of treatment they will suggest is surgery to remove it. I guess, that just makes it more real to me...too real!
I know that we have to go because her doctor has no idea what to do since he has never even heard of a newborn having an ovarian cyst. I know that we have to go because in order for this specialist to give his opinion or suggestion for treatment he has to see and exam her. And I know that whatever happens she will be in good hands...in more ways than one.
On Thursday we have to back to Saginaw to have the information on her sleep monitor read. I don't know what to expect at this appointment either. I'm not sure if they will just download it and send us on our way, or if they will want to exam her as well, or whether we will be told how much longer she will have to be on it.
My best guess is that she will be on it for another month at least because it has gone off a few times since we've been home. The alarm sounds when it detects that she has quit breathing for 20 seconds. She has done this 4 times now, but as soon as the alarm goes off she starts breathing again with in a second. It happens so quickly I don't even have time to process what happened before it's over. I am not sure what that means and how they will interpret that information.
To be honest...I would feel better if she were on it a bit longer. Even though it is kind of a pain since I can't carry her around without also carrying the monitor around, it is a comfort knowing that I don't have to sit by her 24/7 watching and listening to her breath. It really is a small price to pay for the peace of mind it gives.
So, if you happen to think of us this week would you say a prayer for us? I am not really sure what to pray for but maybe that God would provide the doctors with wisdom to make the best decision about how to treat Sydney's cyst. And that whatever that decision is we will feel at peace about it.
Or maybe that God would perform a miracle and that the cyst would just not be there any more and we could be done with the whole thing! It can't hurt to ask...right?
Either way, thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. Although time seems to have flown by when I realize that Sydney is already a month old...it has been a loooong month. I will try not to complain to much though because I am just so thankful to have my little girl!!
3 comments:
I say a prayer for you and the family everyday. I hope your appointments go well this week!
you are always on my mind....and you are always in my prayers.
HUGS
You have a lot to process! I hope and pray that things continue in a positive trend!
Post a Comment