Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubby

Friday was Andy's 31st birthday. He just happened to have the day off work so we were able to spend the whole day together. The kids didn't have school either so it was nice that they could spend the day with their daddy too. We thought it would be fun to hit up the big Memorial Day weekend yard sales to see if we could find any good deals. We found a lot of sales, but unfortunately not to many good deals. Oh well, it was fun anyway and the kids were great, even Sammy who was not feeling very good.
Friday evening we went over to Andy's parents for his birthday dinner celebration. It was just a little party, but it was nice. His dad grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for us, and his mom made potato salad. We had yummy cheesecake for desert.
After dinner Andy opened up his cards, and then his dad wheeled out his present for him. He had mentioned a few weeks ago that he would like to get a new grill this summer because our old one had grilled it's last burger. At the time he mentioned I didn't think much of it, but then a few days later when I realized that his birthday was only a few days away and I had no clue what to get him, that conversation came to mind.

So, I called up my parents and his to see if they wanted to go in with me to get him a grill. They were all for that! I did a little research and found a great deal on a nice grill. I was really trying my best to keep it a secret so we could surprise him. He's very hard to surprise when it comes to gifts; one because I can't keep my mouth shut, and two, because he is a VERY good guesser!
Anyway, the night before he thought he had it figured out, but he was way off. Unfortunately I did mention that it was big and heavy. As soon as the words came out of my mouth I knew I made a big mistake. It took him awhile (and I'm sure he thought about it all night) because the next morning he figured it out! Oh well...he was still very excited about it anyway. At least I was able to surprise him one time...and what a surprise that was...you can read about that here.
Here is a picture of the grill he got. He has not been able to put it together yet because after we left the party he ended up taking Sammy to the ER because he was having a hard time breathing. He is okay. They gave him some steroids and he has to do the breathing treatments at home. We were gone all day yesterday (more about that later) and today Andy is fishing. So, hopefully tonight he will get it together and we can try it out.

Happy Birthday again sweetie...we love you!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Glad your little one is ok and that your husband enjoyed his birthday. MckMama skipped the Not Me's this week, but you can still participate in Toot Your Horn Tuesday! Come on by
www.sillylittlesparrow.com

Hannah said...

Happy be-lated birthday Andrew!