{The Surprise Party}
{The Surprise Party}
I am so excited! About 3 or 4 months ago I decided to throw a surprise party for Andy's 30th birthday which was in May. So, I set about making the plans. I rented the pavilion at the Coleman park, enlisted family and friends to help with the food, and sent out invitations. Of course I had to come up with some kind of scheme to ensure that Andy would show up at his own party unknowingly! Being that his niece, Ariana's birthday is in June, we decided to tell Andy that Haley was having her party at the Coleman park on May 31st because it was the only time close to her actual birthday that the whole family could get together. She even sent us a fake invitation for Ariana's party! It never even phased him. The day before the party I had to finish getting everything ready, and of course I couldn't have anything at home, so I had to drop it all off at his parents. Then in order to be able to leave home early enough to set up, I told him that I was going to the chiropractor, and then that I had to help Haley set up for Ariana's party. Joey offered to take Andy to Jay's in the morning to keep him occupied. I didn't want him showing up to early, or to late, for his party. Well, after all the planning, the scheming, and story telling, the surprise was a huge success! Even as he was walking up, and after we yelled surprise, he still didn't know what was going on! It wasn't until we started singing Happy Birthday to him, that he finally got it!
He just kept saying to me that he couldn't believe I did that. I couldn't believe it either. It was soooooo hard not to say anything to him since we tell each other everything. And there were so many times that I almost accidentally spilled the beans! I am so glad that he didn't start asking questions. Most of his family and friends showed up and we had a great time. The weather was beautiful and the party couldn't have been any better. The look on his face was absolutely priceless!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this party a huge success. I couldn't have pulled it off without you! We both will forever be grateful!
2 comments:
Oh, Jenn...it's sounds like everything turned out just perfect! I really wish we would have made it down for the party! I'm so glad that the suprise was a success...and that you were able to keep your little mouth shut! ;)
You know what this means don't you...Andy turning 30....we are not far behind him! ahhhhhh!
Way to go, Jenn!!! Like you, I can't imagine keeping a secret like that from Sep - that is great!!!
Post a Comment