Monday, May 04, 2009

"Not Me" Monday....


One day, as luck would have it, I came across this charming and witty blog written by an even more charming and witty mother of four. Her youngest son Stellan ( a.k.a. MckMuffin), who is now 6 months old, was diagnosed with heart failure while still in the womb. His parents were basically told that he would not survive, but instead of giving up, they gave him to God. Through this journey the MckFamily has touched many, many hearts and lives. I highly suggest you hop on over and check out MckMama's blog to check out Stellan's amazing story...even through the tears, she will put a smile on your face!

Now, onto business here...a long time ago MckMama wrote this post fessing up to some embarrassing things she had done during the week, by pretending that in fact she had "not" done them! Today she posted her first "Not Me" Monday since before Stellan went into the hospital for a 5 week stay. I thought it would be fun to give it a whirl because it's the first one for me since I started following her blog. So here I go...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not lose my temper after not asking my three year old son to pick up his toys a 101 times and I did not grab a garbage bag out of the cupboard and I did not start throwing the toys in said garbage bag like a mad woman. I did not rant and rave the whole time about how he never listens and I did not tell him that maybe now he would take me seriously...no sir, not me!

And I did not look like a three year having a tempertantrum while not teaching him his lesson...no way, not me!

I also did not promise to take my kids out for a fun day at the mall if they cleaned their rooms in a timely manner, and then I did not threaten to not take them because they didn't do as asked...

and I did not still take them anyway...I would not do that...not me!

Some other things I did not do this week....

I did not let my baby sleep with me while my husband was away;
I did not sit in the chair for hours not holding and cuddling my baby while also not surfing the net;
I did not make my husband keep my son home with him so I could not go shopping in peace;
and I did not spend way to much $$ on said shopping trip...
Nope, no way...Not Me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, it's your turn...go ahead, give it a try...what things did you not do this week...fess up and spill your guts...it really is a lot of fun....

...but you did not here that from me!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Great Not Me's. (I never act like my children either. :)

Crow said...

What a fun post. :) I'm glad to hear you DIDN'T do all those things. :)