My Trip to Labor and Delivery
Well, we had a pretty exciting night last night. Around 2:30 in the afternoon I laid down for a little rest while Sammy was taking a nap. About an hour later I started having contractions. They were about 5-8 minutes apart when I started timing them. I really figured that after 2 or 3 they would quit, but they kept on going for over an hour. So, I decided I had better give the doctor a call. He wanted me to come to L&D to be checked just in case. I really thought that after I got there they would end up stopping completely and we'd have made a wasted trip, but instead they increased to 2-3 minutes apart and were a lot more intense. They didn't hurt at all so I was pretty sure it wasn't true labor, but I did end up getting two shots of Breathine to stop them. They didn't want me having the baby just yet...she is only 35 weeks. The doctor said that if it was true labor though the Breathine wouldn't do any good and that I would have to be shipped off to Saginaw because they aren't equipped for preemies in Midland. Fortunately the second shot seemed to do the trick and the contractions were completely gone by the time we returned home. So, as of now, our little girl is gonna "cook" a little longer ;)
Well, we had a pretty exciting night last night. Around 2:30 in the afternoon I laid down for a little rest while Sammy was taking a nap. About an hour later I started having contractions. They were about 5-8 minutes apart when I started timing them. I really figured that after 2 or 3 they would quit, but they kept on going for over an hour. So, I decided I had better give the doctor a call. He wanted me to come to L&D to be checked just in case. I really thought that after I got there they would end up stopping completely and we'd have made a wasted trip, but instead they increased to 2-3 minutes apart and were a lot more intense. They didn't hurt at all so I was pretty sure it wasn't true labor, but I did end up getting two shots of Breathine to stop them. They didn't want me having the baby just yet...she is only 35 weeks. The doctor said that if it was true labor though the Breathine wouldn't do any good and that I would have to be shipped off to Saginaw because they aren't equipped for preemies in Midland. Fortunately the second shot seemed to do the trick and the contractions were completely gone by the time we returned home. So, as of now, our little girl is gonna "cook" a little longer ;)
5 comments:
Keep that bun in the oven! LOL!! So happy to hear that things are a-okay!! Keep us updated!!
hey- none of that! not yet anyway :)
oh my gosh...I had no idea!!! you've had some excitement!! So glad that things are okay, and baby is still doing good, and that she decided to stay in there a little longer!
love ya.
whew!!!
Ps. 139:5...Your baby is hemmed in, just like Dena's babies. There being held in by God's almighty hand. Love ya!
Post a Comment