Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Good News....and the Other News
Today I had a check up with my doctor. The good news is my protein levels have been consistently dropping off over the past few months and my blood pressure was excellent today and has been fairly good at all my other visits. The baby's heartbeat was strong and I am measuring about 1-2 weeks ahead...I will be 36 weeks tomorrow but measuring between 37 and 38...although I feel (and look) like I'm measuring about 45 weeks!! The other news is that as of today the doctor doesn't feel there is any reason to set up an induction date. Since the protein levels are dropping and my BP has been very good, he doesn't feel that I am at risk of developing pre-e in the next few weeks like we had previously been concerned about. Also, as far as the baby's cyst, it hadn't changed between the last two ultrasounds. Both of these things are major praises. The doctor does not want to induce labor to early and run the risk of doing something that neither of our bodies are ready for. So, with that, I will go next Friday for an ultrasound to check baby's size and the cyst again. He will also check my cervix to see if my body is getting ready for labor. If I am to a certain point, he said we can definitely discuss the next step and if we should induce, but if not that we will just have to wait a little longer. Honestly as disappointing as this is, I know in my heart that he is doing the right thing and I am very grateful for his good judgement. It is just selfish on my part to want to do something that my body and my little baby may not be ready for just because it would be convenient. I know that we are nearing the end anyway, but I am just so ready to be done with this all. Everything hurts, I can hardly move and forget about bending over. Oh, and the heart burn is tremendously fierce. I try so hard not to complain (at least to others) especially because I know that there are so many people who are praying with all their heart for their babies to stay in as long as possible. What right do I have to wish for something to happen before it should? I also know in my heart that this little one will make her debut in God's perfect timing...not a minute before or minute later...no matter how much I wish for it to be. So, I guess my biggest prayer right now is that God would grant me some much needed patience!

4 comments:

Shoemaker Family said...

Praise God for the good report! I've been anxious to hear today!!! I will join you in hte prayer for patience.

You're normal...there aren't many women who get to this stage and are ready to have that baby!!! :) Hang in there....you know you can! (As painful as it may be!)

Hannah said...

Hey you!
I am so glad to hear that things went well! You got awesome news today! I'm so thankful!

Still praying for both of you.

xxxx
me

Jami said...

You're so fortunate to have a doc who is taking such good care of both of you! Hang in there, girl! It won't be long...keep chewing the tums and taking offers of help! She'll be here before you know it!
Praying for you!

This N That said...

Pregnancy seems to really just stall around this point. I remember going nutso and I did't even have the issues that you are going through! I can't imagine! Just remember that it WILL be over soon and then you will have a beautiful warm bundle to hold in your arms!