I was scheduled to have the ultrasound on the baby's cyst done this coming Friday, but this morning the doctor's office called and said they needed to reschedule it. They asked me to come in this afternoon...which didn't hurt my feelings any! So anyway, the cyst appears to be the same or close to the same size as it was two weeks ago which is a major praise! I asked the doctor how it would affect the baby if it were to burst and she said that she's not really sure how much as far as pain goes that the baby would feel, but they're more concerned about it twisting around itself because that could cause her to lose her ovary. I'm not to worried about it because I know she is in Good Hands (if you know what I mean), but it was nice to get more information. The fluid around the baby looks good and she measured to be weighing about 5 lbs 9 oz right now. We also discussed in more detail about being induced. She said that she sees no reason not to induce me for a number of reasons. One, obviously because of the baby's cyst; two, because of my chronic hypertention (high blood pressure) that can cause my placenta to "peter" out before baby is due, and also because the specialist highly recommends it. So, here is the plan as of now: Next Tuesday I have an OB appointment and then the following Friday (March 20th) I have an ultrasound scheduled to check on the cyst again and set a date for induction. I am assuming that they will not do it over the weekend so my guess is that it will be Monday the 23rd. Now, none of this is set in stone and I know it could change between now and then, but it is such a huge relief to have a least some sort of idea of what to expect. I'm very glad that the doctor was able to answer my questions today. It takes a huge load off my shoulders!
Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We are almost there!!!!
This is the bottom of the baby's foot-toes pointing down :)

3 comments:
Believing for a completely healthy baby!!! She definitely IS in "good hands"!!! Hugs!!!
Keeping you all in my prayers ... and her little foot is adorable.
So happy to hear that your heart has been encouraged. It's not long now before her arrival!!! :)
Post a Comment