Counting My Blessings
So...I had kind of a rough day yesterday. I'm sure you can all pretty much guess why, so I will spare you the details. Instead, I am going to take some advice from a very wise woman that we know and love (Jami) and "make a concentrated effort to find the good in everyday." I have so much to be thankful for. It's so easy to count your blessings when the sun is shining, but I think it's especially important to count your blessings when it is dark and gloomy out. Yesterday was a "gloomy" day for me, but Jami's "Five-a-Day" kept popping into my head so, here are 5 things (among the many) that I am thankful for....1. I am thankful that my hubby is still working and getting some overtime right now.
2. I am thankful that I don't have to leave home to help support my family. I love being a stay-at-home mommy.
3. I am thankful that my kids are so excited about getting a new sister...it's really neat to know that I'm not the only one that is already in love with her!
4. I am thankful for good books...they are helping to pass the time and occupy my mind.
5. I am thankful for good friends and their encouraging words and prayers.
Well, I really could go on and on, but I will save it for another day. Thanks Jami for reminding me to see the glass half full!!
3 comments:
You are welcome! I hope you can feel the hugs (( )) and sunshine * I am sending you!! YOU are a blessing to me and to all you touch! Next time you're feeling gloomy, call me and I'll bring you some yummy muffins!! :)
Love ya!
Sorry it was a bummer day...I'm sure this gloomy weather wasn't a help. But...YAY for blessings! Praying often for you and that little girl! :)
I am praying that you don't make it to church on sunday, :), thanks for always having a smile on your face even when you don't feel like it Kim
Post a Comment