AHHHHHH!!!
Okay, I know, I know...technically I still have a week and half before I'm actually due, but my body keeps messing with my brain I am getting so frustrated!! As I said yesterday, the doctor stripped my membranes but it didn't seem to do much for most of the afternoon. Then, last night after we dropped the kids off to Grandma's house and headed to Midland, I started having contractions about 5-8 minutes apart. They were fairly strong, but not painful. After we got to the mall we had dinner and then started walking around. The contractions kept on coming and were getting a little stronger. We decided to call the doctor since we were right there rather than come home only to have to turn around and go right back. Once we got to L&D I got all hooked up and was still having contractions, some as close as 2 minutes apart. The nurse checked me and said I was dilated to almost a 2 & 1/2 so the doctor said he wanted me to walk around for a few hours (ugh) to see if I could make any more progress. They said that sometimes when the membranes are stripped it can put you into labor right away, or just make y0u uncomfortable for awhile and then everything quits. Apparently, I am the latter. Andy and I walked the halls for nearly 2 hours which is approximately 3 miles. The nurse checked me again and said that I was now for sure a 2 & 1/2, but that was not enough progress to stay. In a way I was glad because we were both soooo tired, but I would have sucked it up if they would've told me I was staying because I was in labor. We finally got home about 1:00 or 1:30. I was pretty soar when we went to bed, but all contractions quit by this morning...so, I'm still here and still pregnant!
I guess there's always today...right??
Okay, I know, I know...technically I still have a week and half before I'm actually due, but my body keeps messing with my brain I am getting so frustrated!! As I said yesterday, the doctor stripped my membranes but it didn't seem to do much for most of the afternoon. Then, last night after we dropped the kids off to Grandma's house and headed to Midland, I started having contractions about 5-8 minutes apart. They were fairly strong, but not painful. After we got to the mall we had dinner and then started walking around. The contractions kept on coming and were getting a little stronger. We decided to call the doctor since we were right there rather than come home only to have to turn around and go right back. Once we got to L&D I got all hooked up and was still having contractions, some as close as 2 minutes apart. The nurse checked me and said I was dilated to almost a 2 & 1/2 so the doctor said he wanted me to walk around for a few hours (ugh) to see if I could make any more progress. They said that sometimes when the membranes are stripped it can put you into labor right away, or just make y0u uncomfortable for awhile and then everything quits. Apparently, I am the latter. Andy and I walked the halls for nearly 2 hours which is approximately 3 miles. The nurse checked me again and said that I was now for sure a 2 & 1/2, but that was not enough progress to stay. In a way I was glad because we were both soooo tired, but I would have sucked it up if they would've told me I was staying because I was in labor. We finally got home about 1:00 or 1:30. I was pretty soar when we went to bed, but all contractions quit by this morning...so, I'm still here and still pregnant!
I guess there's always today...right??
3 comments:
Well, Jenn, I can sooo relate to you right now! I was 2 days late with Serena, and she was a very big baby. It was so frustrating waiting for her to get here! However,she'll come when she's good and ready! Serena told me she was late because she was busy "writing on the walls"!! I wish you the very best when the time comes! Hang in there!
so, i didn't get a phone call today....guessing she's still hanging on? remember...monday doesn't work for me! :)
maybe she's waiting until Hannah is driving through on her way to OHIO!!! :)
Praying for you guys...jsut waiting to hear... :)
Post a Comment