gether. But, between now and then we just have to pray that it doesn't get any worse for her. Other than that, she is a perfectly healthy little girl, nearly 5 lbs already!! Doc said she has long legs. And supposedly she has some hair!! I'm guess it's just a little peach fuzz, but I thought it was neat that they could pick that up on the ultrasound! The picture above shows her hair (below the arrow) and if you go directly to the right of the arrow you can see the top of her ear. And as you can see by the picture at the top she has chubby cheeks. The arrow is pointing at her nose and her mouth is open. Thank you to every one for your continued prayers. I know she is in God's hands and will be just fine. She is going to be here before we know it and I can't wait to hold her!!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
As I stated in a previous post my OB doctor found something with the baby that had him concerned so he wanted me to see an ultrasound specialist. We had our appointment yesterday and come to find out our little girl has an ovarian cyst. I always thought cysts were something that developed after puberty, but apparently it is not uncommon for unborn babies to develop them due to the hormones from the mother. The doctor doesn't feel that it is necessary to deliver her immediately, but he does want me to have ultrasounds done every 2 weeks to make sure that it isn't growing. If it gets to large it could cause complications during delivery, or possibly burst. He also suggested that I be induced around 37 weeks (which is considered full term) to lessen the chance of it getting to large, bursting or twisting. Also because of my chances of developing pre-eclampsia during my last few weeks, he thinks that would be another good reason to have her earlier. He said that of all the things that it could be, it is the least problematic and the least to worry about. Which, I guess in a way is a good thing, but as mommy I can't help but worry about my little girl. I was grateful that we were able to get an answer yesterday. The worst thing is not knowing what's wrong. I still have to talk to my OB next week and see what he thinks we should do. Hopefully he will agree with the specialist. Once she is born they can do more extensive testing on her and get a better look at the cyst, then they can decide from there what needs to be done, whether it's just draining it or removing it all to
gether. But, between now and then we just have to pray that it doesn't get any worse for her. Other than that, she is a perfectly healthy little girl, nearly 5 lbs already!! Doc said she has long legs. And supposedly she has some hair!! I'm guess it's just a little peach fuzz, but I thought it was neat that they could pick that up on the ultrasound! The picture above shows her hair (below the arrow) and if you go directly to the right of the arrow you can see the top of her ear. And as you can see by the picture at the top she has chubby cheeks. The arrow is pointing at her nose and her mouth is open. Thank you to every one for your continued prayers. I know she is in God's hands and will be just fine. She is going to be here before we know it and I can't wait to hold her!!!
gether. But, between now and then we just have to pray that it doesn't get any worse for her. Other than that, she is a perfectly healthy little girl, nearly 5 lbs already!! Doc said she has long legs. And supposedly she has some hair!! I'm guess it's just a little peach fuzz, but I thought it was neat that they could pick that up on the ultrasound! The picture above shows her hair (below the arrow) and if you go directly to the right of the arrow you can see the top of her ear. And as you can see by the picture at the top she has chubby cheeks. The arrow is pointing at her nose and her mouth is open. Thank you to every one for your continued prayers. I know she is in God's hands and will be just fine. She is going to be here before we know it and I can't wait to hold her!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awe, she is beautiful! I am sorry to hear about the cyst. You are a great mommy so keep on keepin on. You know what to do! Keep us updated!!
Post a Comment