~Our Traverse City Visit~
Saturday morning Andy and I headed off to Traverse City to visit Hannah and Dustin. We planned on leaving early enough to beat the snow storm that was coming, but that didn't happen. The trip there was a little hectic, but I guess that's what we get for traveling in February! We eventually made it to there house after only one wrong turn...which by the way, was NOT the navigators fault! Anyway...after we got there we had a quick lunch and then the guys headed off to the shooting range. Hannah and I hung out at the house and she showed me how to make home made laundry soap. I am going to save soooo much money using this! I can't wait to use it other than that means I have to do laundry...ugh! We also did a lot of talking and catching up. It is so much nicer to be able to talk in person rather than e-mail. Of course I also had to look through all her scrapbooks...she is so talented! I love looking at her work, it really inspires me! After the guys came back we had a wonderful dinner of pork loin, cheesy potatoes and aspargras (for the first time ever!) Everything was so amazingly delicious! After that we just chilled out in the living room and watched a movie. I know Hannah was worried that we would be bored because we didn't go out and do anything, but it was a perfect night...I don't think I would have had the energy to do more than that anyway...LOL! The next morning Hannah made a mouth watering blueberry pancake bake for breakfast! I can't even begin to explain how yummy it was! We headed home around 11 or so that way Hannah and Dustin could spend some QT together before he headed off to Ohio. He got a new job down there and he was starting the next day (Monday.) I'm so glad that we were able to visit them one more time before they move to Ohio. I wish we could have visited them more often, but that's just the way it goes I guess.
They are the most gracious host and hostess and we love spending time with them. Hopefully we will get a chance to visit them this summer in Ohio.
Oh yeah, it snowed the entire time we were there. Hannah and Dustin went out and shoveled the drive and cleaned off the car first thing in the morning and before we left Andy had to go back out and do it again! I love Traverse City, but I think I'm pretty grateful we don't live there during the winter...sorry Hannah!
Thank you again for such a great weekend!
We love you guys and miss you already!
Give Oalkey a hug for me!!
They are the most gracious host and hostess and we love spending time with them. Hopefully we will get a chance to visit them this summer in Ohio.
Oh yeah, it snowed the entire time we were there. Hannah and Dustin went out and shoveled the drive and cleaned off the car first thing in the morning and before we left Andy had to go back out and do it again! I love Traverse City, but I think I'm pretty grateful we don't live there during the winter...sorry Hannah!
Thank you again for such a great weekend!We love you guys and miss you already!
Give Oalkey a hug for me!!

2 comments:
Believe it or not, your friendship will grow even stronger from a distance! Patty has been gone for 11 years, and we're still the best of friends!
Glad you made it home safely!
Jenn, you guys are awesome guests, and I can't wait to see you again soon! I'm so glad that you made it up here to see us!
Okay....I'm still laughing out loud at that picture of Oakley and I ....what a goof...look at that face, you can tell he wasn't exactly loving the moment!
love ya!
oh, and consider oakley {hugged} for ya! He's been getting extra cuddle time with Dustin being gone!
Post a Comment