Sharing Our News
Well, as some of you may have recently heard....we are expecting Baby Bovee #4!!! We got our positive test about three weeks ago. We were a little surprised and very shocked!! We really were not planning on having any more babies, but apparently God has other plans for our family. We have been a little cautious about telling people outside of our immediate family because of the 3 previous miscarriages I've had. But, yesterday, we had an ultrasound done and the baby looks perfect! Well, as far as an 8 week old fetus can look! And the heartbeat was a strong 168!
It has been really hard keeping this secret from our family and friends, but we're so glad that we are now able to share our exciting news. We finally told the kids yesterday too. Annabelle said she wants us to have twins! Alivia said she wants us to have a boy so Sammy would have someone to play with and quit bugging her, and Sammy said he wanted a "boy sister" so Alivia would quit bugging him! I just love how honest their reaction are! But, I know they will be happy and excited no matter what we are blessed with...they are going to be such good lil helpers. Oh, and I just want to put this out there too...Annabelle has offered to change diapers...I may be holding her to that! LOL!
I'm not necessarily out of the woods yet, so to say, but after yesterday I am feeling much more confident. I would really appreciate if you would continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we journey through the next 7 months. I have already been experiencing the notorious, all day, "morning sickness" and the wonderful fatigue from growing a human being! Luckily, my kids play so well together (well most of the time) and they can do a lot of the little things for themselves. Hopefully this will pass soon and I will get some of my energy back.
Here is a 3-D picture of our little bean...this is not necessarily a new thing to technology, but it's new to me and I thought it was really cool. The head is on the big area on the right, the baby is facing up, and the little spots that look like they are sitting on top of the belly are the leg and hand nubs. The spot under the baby is the yolk sack.
Here is the more common and traditional view. It just amazes me how different the two pictures are. Another new thing they do when you get an ultrasound done, is instead of printing out one picture for you, they make a CD with 2 or 3 pics so you can print as many as you like!! And it made it really easy for me to upload it to my computer! Again...maybe not new to some, but new to me...I'm easily amused!!
I am 8 weeks and 1 day today, and due on April 9, 2009!!!
It has been really hard keeping this secret from our family and friends, but we're so glad that we are now able to share our exciting news. We finally told the kids yesterday too. Annabelle said she wants us to have twins! Alivia said she wants us to have a boy so Sammy would have someone to play with and quit bugging her, and Sammy said he wanted a "boy sister" so Alivia would quit bugging him! I just love how honest their reaction are! But, I know they will be happy and excited no matter what we are blessed with...they are going to be such good lil helpers. Oh, and I just want to put this out there too...Annabelle has offered to change diapers...I may be holding her to that! LOL!
I'm not necessarily out of the woods yet, so to say, but after yesterday I am feeling much more confident. I would really appreciate if you would continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we journey through the next 7 months. I have already been experiencing the notorious, all day, "morning sickness" and the wonderful fatigue from growing a human being! Luckily, my kids play so well together (well most of the time) and they can do a lot of the little things for themselves. Hopefully this will pass soon and I will get some of my energy back.
Here is a 3-D picture of our little bean...this is not necessarily a new thing to technology, but it's new to me and I thought it was really cool. The head is on the big area on the right, the baby is facing up, and the little spots that look like they are sitting on top of the belly are the leg and hand nubs. The spot under the baby is the yolk sack.
Here is the more common and traditional view. It just amazes me how different the two pictures are. Another new thing they do when you get an ultrasound done, is instead of printing out one picture for you, they make a CD with 2 or 3 pics so you can print as many as you like!! And it made it really easy for me to upload it to my computer! Again...maybe not new to some, but new to me...I'm easily amused!!
I am 8 weeks and 1 day today, and due on April 9, 2009!!!
7 comments:
I am so happy for you guys. I love the children's reaction, especially a "boy sister" that is priceless! :) Landon told me the other day he wanted a brother and a sister, and he wanted them NOW. So that lead to a kinda baby conversation, but on his level. :)
It is amazing the technology they have now. I couldn't get a cd even four years ago. How interesting!! :)
Once again congratulations!
Congrats Jenn & Andy :) Those early ultrasounds are incredible. I also had an early one (7 weeks)and to see your baby in it's beginnings, just a little bud... and than see them develop fully just opens your eyes to the miracle growing inside of you. Amazing...
Congratulations! I'll keep you in my prayers. May God bless you with a safe pregnancy!
-Jess
How exciting!
I'll be praying for you and baby!
God has a prefect plan! He always does!
Aw, I'm so happy for you guys. We're joining you in prayer, friend.
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you Jenn, and as always, you and your entire family are in our prayers! Love ya!
Couldn't have happened to a nicer family! You're all in our prayers.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment