Last Days of Summer, First Days of School
The last weekend of "summer" was filled with lots of family fun. Saturday we visited my parents up at Higgins Lake where they were camping for the weekend with their friends Jim and Penny Young and Rick and Linda Harsh. We all had lunch together and then the guys all left to skeet shoot. Well, that was their plan anyway, but unfortunately the place they wanted to shoot at was not open. So, they just went to Jays instead. Mom and I took the kids to swim in the lake while the guys were gone. We found a nice little spot in the shade while the kids played in the water. They really are little fishes!
On Sunday we had the Cameron Family Reunion which is my mother-in-laws side of the family. It was a really nice party with lots of yummy food. The kids really enjoyed playing together. I ended up leaving early because I was not feeling well, but the kids stayed with grandma and grandpa so they could play all the fun games.
The first day of school really snuck up on me this year. It's been hard for me to get prepared since it's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning. This "morning" sickness is really kicking my behind! And I can literally feel the energy being sucked out of me....ahhh, the things we do for our youngins! Anyway...although I wasn't as prepared as I would've like to have been, the first day went off without a hitch. The girls were excited enough that they got right up and got around. Sammy doesn't start until next week, but he was pretty excited too.
Annabelle is in a 2nd grade/3rd grade split class this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Benjamin. I have never heard of something like this before, but I've been told by many people that she could really benefit from it. She was a little nervous about being in this class, but we've convinced her to give it a fair chance. I really think she will do just fine. Alivia is in Mrs. Robinson's class. She's really excited because her good friends Kylie, Gracie, and Sydney are in the class too. She had her first homework assignment today and big sister helped her with it. I love to see them working together. Sammy is missing his sisters though. Yesterday he said to me, "I wish Annabelle and Alivia were home." And today, he wanted to go bye-bye so we could pick up the girls. He gets so excited when they finally get off the bus. Next week, he will start pre-school (sigh) so at least he will be busy with that and wont be so lonely while the girls are in school.
So, summer has ended and school has begun. There is lots of fun stuff to look forward to in the coming months and before we know it, summer will be here again.

On Sunday we had the Cameron Family Reunion which is my mother-in-laws side of the family. It was a really nice party with lots of yummy food. The kids really enjoyed playing together. I ended up leaving early because I was not feeling well, but the kids stayed with grandma and grandpa so they could play all the fun games.
The first day of school really snuck up on me this year. It's been hard for me to get prepared since it's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning. This "morning" sickness is really kicking my behind! And I can literally feel the energy being sucked out of me....ahhh, the things we do for our youngins! Anyway...although I wasn't as prepared as I would've like to have been, the first day went off without a hitch. The girls were excited enough that they got right up and got around. Sammy doesn't start until next week, but he was pretty excited too.
Annabelle is in a 2nd grade/3rd grade split class this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Benjamin. I have never heard of something like this before, but I've been told by many people that she could really benefit from it. She was a little nervous about being in this class, but we've convinced her to give it a fair chance. I really think she will do just fine. Alivia is in Mrs. Robinson's class. She's really excited because her good friends Kylie, Gracie, and Sydney are in the class too. She had her first homework assignment today and big sister helped her with it. I love to see them working together. Sammy is missing his sisters though. Yesterday he said to me, "I wish Annabelle and Alivia were home." And today, he wanted to go bye-bye so we could pick up the girls. He gets so excited when they finally get off the bus. Next week, he will start pre-school (sigh) so at least he will be busy with that and wont be so lonely while the girls are in school.So, summer has ended and school has begun. There is lots of fun stuff to look forward to in the coming months and before we know it, summer will be here again.
No comments:
Post a Comment