August Updates
I can not believe that August is nearly over and that school will be starting in a few weeks! I hate to see summer end, but in all honesty I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'm ready to get a normal routine going. This month we have celebrated a few birthdays. Julie, Ryan and Grandma Myers each had a birthday. Here is a pic of Julie and Grandma.
And here is the gang enjoying a popsicle treat on Grandma Jill's back porch...this is before they got all sticky and messy!!
My nephew, Ethan, will be turning 4 this month but we haven't had his bday party yet. He cracks me up. He talks a mile a minute and will talk to anybody who will listen...actually, he will talk to you even if you aren't listening. LOL!Last Thursday we went to the fair with my mom. We just walked through the merchant barns, and the animal barns. We also watched the Ronald McDonald magic show. That was pretty good. I never knew he was so talented! Here is a picture of the kids in "bus" that the Bullock Creek wood shop kids made (i think that was the school anyway). Sammy really enjoyed "driving" it and turning the lights on and off!

Saturday, Teresa took the girls school shopping for ONE new school outfit and pretty much came back with ONE outfit for EACH day! She just couldn't help herself because she found some really great deals! I don't have any pictures of their loot just yet, but stay tuned. I know I'll be taking pictures once school starts!Sunday we had the Case Family Reunion. That is my Grandma Myer's side of the family...my dad's cousins. Unfortunately dad was not able to attend as he was on his way back to Tennessee to work. He will be down there for at least another 6 weeks. Both my parents are having a very hard time with it, so if you think about them, will you just say a prayer for them. Dad has never had to go out of town for so long and he is VERY homesick. Plus, they are working third shift because it is too hot during the day to work. I just pray that the time will pass quickly for him and that they will be able to finish sooner than projected. Anyway...even though the reunion was just not the same without him, the kids still had a good time playing games and playing on the jungle gym.
That's it for August...so far...as the rest of this week is pretty busy for me. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment; Friday Sammy is going to the dentist so he can go to school; Saturday is my 10 yr class reunion at the Loons ball park. I think I may get to rest on Sunday. Then on Monday is Sammy's preschool orientation. We are also going to have to start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier to practice for when school starts. Hope everyone has a great week...well, whats left of it anyway.
2 comments:
those kids are all getting so big...especially Sammy....I can't believe how much he is growing up!!!
Great pics Jenn!
Have a fabo day!
Post a Comment