A Change of Plans
So, I know in my last post I said that I had been chosen as a "GUEST" design team member for Let's Scrap Design Team Blog, but since then I have been promoted to a permanent position!! Renee, the owner of the blog, was searching for a few more permanent DT members, so I wrote to her and said that if she liked what I did for my September layouts, maybe she would consider me for a full time position. She immediately wrote me back and said that she already loved my work and if I was willing she would love to have me! So, I am now an official Design Team member for Let's Scrap! Of course, we are just getting this blog up and running, but I am excited to be a part of it!! I believe it will really challenge me and take me to the next level in my scrapbooking. The other exciting part is, is we (or I should say Renee) has found some people to "sponsor" us. That means they will send us some of their products to use on our layouts! Three cheers for FREE scrapbooking supplies!!! I have finished one of the two layouts that are required for September. I can't show you the whole thing just yet, but here is a sneak peek....
I used glitter, paint, chipboard, ribbon, and flowers, and I scrapped one of my favorite people in one of the most beautiful places in Michigan. Yes, I know Im teasing, but you will just have to wait and check out the full page at Let's Scrap come September!!Also, in scrapbooking news...it really pays to know people. A few weeks ago, I was shopping at Meijers (where my mother just happens to work) and saw this rack that holds 12x12 scrap paper. It had been sitting there for quite awhile but wasnt being used. So...I called up my mom and asked her to find out if it was for sale. It took awhile for an anwer, but they said I could have it! I was so excited. The best part...there was also a smaller rack that held 8 1/2 x11 size paper that they said i could have too...all for $1 each! Here is the 12x12 rack.
I have most of my paper sorted by color and design. This is the smaller one...it holds my magazines, idea books, and a few other things. I think I am really going to enjoy them. Thanks Mom!
We have been busy around here with lots of family stuff like birthdays and reunions, but you'll have wait for that. I will update all that a little later.
5 comments:
:) I love those paper racks!! :) Very cool. :)
jenn we are so happy you have joined our team! you do awesome work and cant wait to get our sponsor stuff! also those racks are so cool!
-renee
i'm doing a little happy dance for you right now!!! i'm so excited!
I've dreamed of being part of a design team for a few years now, I just never make the cut...I'm going to keep on trying though, and I'm so excited to hear all about your adventure with this! You totally deserve it!!!
Love the paper racks! Go Mom!!! ;)
Okay, so when are you going to come and organize all my stuff for me? :O Keep scrappin'!
Oh you lucky girl you!!! Yes, you really need to try doing an acrylic album they are fun and really quite easy. I saw the Let's Scrap blog a while back, I'm going to have to visit it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be a guest designer sometime! : )
Post a Comment