Finally, I have some time to sit down and write...I've attempted about 3 or 4 times this weekend to add a new post but to no avail. I have been running since about 8 am Friday morning. Now, it's Sunday, we are home from church, we've had our lunch, and I can finally sit back, relax, and do some catching up.
Friday was Sammy's 3rd birthday...and a VERY busy day. We got up first thing in the morning to go to Bay City to get groceries at Kroger. This was the first time since school has been out that I had to take all three kids with me. I was a little nervous about how that might go since it does take some time to make sure we are getting all our good deals and it's not exactly their favorite activity, but to my surprise they actually did very well. Haley also had her two girls, so they kept each other company. There may have been a few moments where we felt like we were losing control, but we survived our first summer grocery shopping trip!!
After we finished getting groceries, we had to rush home to put them away and pick up Andy. Since we weren't having a party for Sammy that day, because of lack of time and family being out of town, we decided to just take the kids to McDonald's for lunch and to let them play for awhile, which I think may have made up for having to grocery shop! Right after lunch we had to take Sammy to the doctors for his yearly check up and to get a vaccination shot that he was needing to be caught up. He also had to get his finger pricked to check his iron. He was not a happy camper and I don't blame him! That's not the greatest birthday present, but he sure was a trooper.
Our next stop was Meijers to get some things that I wasn't able to get at Kroger. Since Sammy was such a big boy at the doctors office, daddy let him pick out a small toy. He picked out a Hot Wheels motorcycle...of course...that boy is "car crazy!"
By the time we made it home, I had just enough time to take care of all the groceries, tidy up the house, and freshen up a bit, before I headed out the door again. It was our last night of VBS, so I had one more round of pictures to take. The kids were very willing to pose for me, and loved seeing themselves up on the screen. I've come to be known as the "Picture Lady!" It's very fitting, and I LOVE it!!! Of course, my kids call me the "CRAZY Picture Lady", but it's all the same! I really enjoyed being part of VBS this year, and hope they consider me for next year. It was really a blessing to work with these kids, especially doing something that I love so much.
Ahhhh...okay, that was Friday! I'm tired already...Saturday, wasn't quite as busy, but busy none the less. Somehow, even though we weren't home much on Friday, the house somehow happened to magically get messy...I'm still scratching my head on that one. So, I spent most of the morning Saturday, cleaning up, doing dishes, and laundry, etc. We also had to get ready for an open house that we were going to. And before we went to that, we had a few other small stops we needed to make. I don't know why when we have so many things to do, it always seems so chaotic, but it does, and I get so frazzled. Maybe because I was still trying to recuperate from Friday?!?!
Anyway, the open house was really nice. It was for Andy's cousin, Missy. The weather was wonderful for the most part, expect for the brief rain shower we had!!! It down pored for about 20 minutes, but once it passed the sun quickly returned. There was a nice breeze the entire night, so even though the air was warm, it was not muggy. The food was delicious, and the kids played and played. Later, in the evening, they had karaoke! What a blast that was. It was so much fun watching everyone sing to their hearts content! Even Andy gave it a whirl!
If I knew how to add a video to this, I'd share his musical rendition of Highway Man. He might not make it on American Idol, but the dogs didn't start howling, which is always a good sign. The kids even had a good time dancing and singing to the music. They were so tired, but just couldn't give up. We finally left around 11 pm and I'm pretty sure we didn't make it out the driveway before they fell asleep!
So, that brings us to Sunday. Andy somehow managed to get up this morning to go fishing. The kids I weren't coherent until about 9:30, which gave us just enough time to get ready for church! Now, we are just hanging out here and relaxing after a crazy busy weekend. It was a great weekend though despite all the running.
I hope everyone has a great week!
You will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard you hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sammy!!!
Oh, to hear Andy and Alex sing....thankfully I'm far far away!
loved reading about your buys weekend Jenn! love ya
me
Post a Comment