Vacation Bible School
This week I've been helping with VBS. I was recruited to take pictures for a little "movie" to be shown at the end of each day. It's really cute and the kids have enjoyed seeing themselves up on the "big screen." We had a few kinks to work out the first few days, but I think we've got it figured out now. It just wouldn't be right if everything went the way you planned. Last night I even finished taking the pics early enough that I was able to help with the kindergarten crew. It was so much fun watching these kids. They crack me up! While they were playing their game outside, I was talking to an old friend. She mentioned how neat she thought it was that so many of the youth (group) were helping with VBS this year. It seems as if its usually just the adults/parents. It reminded me of when I was a teenager and helped with the VBS one year. It was so much fun and such a blessing. Then I got to thinking about the influence I may have had on those young kids (who are now the youth), and the influence the youth now will have on my own children. It also reminded me of some of the people who had the most influence on my life when I was a teenager. Two people specifically. Two people who were probably close to the same age as I am now (which is kind of funny and weird to think about.)Two people who I genuinely looked up to. Two people who will always hold a special place in my heart. I believe God sent them into my life and just the right time, and for just the right reasons. They took me into their home with open and loving arms. They loved me for who I was, and encouraged me to be myself. They were always there to listen. They were always there to make me laugh and to help me see the brighter side of life. (You know how teenagers get...everything is the end of the world..LOL) But mostly, they showed me Christ's love. I have not always made the best decisions since I've known them, and I have lost my way a time or two...but it was their example, and their influence that helped me find my way back to Christ. The things they had taught me were always in the back of my mind. I will never forget the things they shared with me, and the confidence they built in me. And I will especially never forget the love they shared. I hope they know who they are. Although we rarely see each other these days, they are always in my thoughts. I hope they really understand just how important they are to me. Their friendship and guidance was a true blessing. Love you guys!
1 comment:
Aww, that was so sweet and special!! Sounds like those are some great people! :)
Post a Comment