Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Very Productive Day!
Wow! I have had a busy day today. My first project today was to get the back porch cleaned off and usable. I have been putting it off all spring, but I FINALLY decided today was the day. During the winter it becomes a storage place since we don't use it and it gets really dusty. For those of you who don't know, our back porch runs the entire lenght of our house and is completely screened in. It's a wonderful addition to our home during the summer. I have just been dreading cleaning it, but to my sup rise it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I even got the kids to pitch in and help wash the toys off. We actually had it done in time to have our lunch out there. One whole end of it is a play area for the kids and they have been playing non-stop! They love playing on the porch and I feel terrible for not having it done sooner. But, its done now and we can enjoy it the rest of the summer. My second project was to get a sketch challenge layout done for a scrapbooking group I'm in over at Cafemom. (For any of the moms out there, you should really check it out...it's a great place to hang out with other moms who are going through the same ups and downs as you are!)Anywhoooo...since the kids have been so good today playing on the porch, I actually had some spare time to get this done! I am so excited and very pleased with the results. The group will be voting on everyone's layouts in a few days and the winner gets a prize! I'm crossing my fingers...I think that would be really neat.I have also been working on laundry today, and of course the usual daily cleaning. It's about time to make dinner now. I feel very accomplished today. I love days like this! I'm thinking about having a yard sale soon, so I will have some very busy days ahead of me.

2 comments:

Julia said...

That's awesome you got the patio cleaned up! :) I know the kids are lovin' it. I also love the layout. So super cute.

Hannah said...

the porch looks great Jenn!
I'm sure you'll be using it for the birthday parties this weekend!
How fun...wish we were going to be around. Love the layout! Good luck with the contest!