Annabelle's "friend" party was a huge success. Of course, she had a "Hannah Montana" themed party with all the works. We had all the matching plates, napkins, cups, and party favors. Basically the only thing we didn't have was Hannah Montana herself! We played games and made bracelets, but surprisingly the thing they enjoyed the most was the balloons...the cheapest thing I bought!! They had so much fun trying to blow them up as big as they could and then letting them fly around the room. Girls can be so silly!


Then February came.....along with lots of illness! I started the month off with a pretty bad cough, but i really didn't feel to bad until about 2 weeks in. Sammy also had a cough and the little boy I babysit was also quite sick and ended up in the hospital with RSV. I was really concerned about that since he had been around Sammy so much, but the doctor told us to just keep on eye on his breathing. Another week passed and things just kept getting worse for all of us. I ended up going to the doctors Feb. 13 and was told I had a viral infection so there was nothing they could do. They did give me an inhaler to help open up my air-ways. I went back home and rested as much as a mom can (which really isn't much!) By the weekend I did feel a little better and thought I was on the mend finally. Then, on Sunday, Andy had a 101+ degree fever. It lasted for 4 days. Sammy and Annabelle also got worse and we ended up taking them to the doctors for safety's sake. Annabelle had bronchitis and Sammy had an ear infection. So they both had to have an antibiotic and breathing treatments. By Wednesday I was feeling awful again and had no voice so I decided to go back to the doctors. Bronchitis and Laryngitis! Awwww...and it didn't end there....this Sunday, Alivia had a 100 degree fever and I just knew she was going to end up with the flu. But by some miracle (and lots of prayer) she was perfectly fine yesterday. Praise God...I really don't think I could have handled one more sick child. There really is light at the end of the tunnel....the kids are doing great, Andy is back to work, and I finally felt pretty good when I got up this morning...I'm even in a good mood!It's been a really tough month and I'm so glad that its about over. I have to admit that it wasn't completely terrible though...I did get a new niece! Haley had a beautiful little girl on the 12th. Her name is Adalyn Mae and she was 7lbs 15 oz and 20 in. long. Baby and Momma are both doing well and big sister Ariana just adores her. It's such a blessing to see their family growing.

Well, that's about all for now...since we've been sickies, we really haven't done anything to exciting. I did get a new digital camera which I love. Andy and I are going to visit Hannah and Dustin in Traverse City this weekend so hopefully I will get some beautiful pictures with it.I hope that you are all doing well, and getting over your illnesses too. I just keep thinking that spring will be here soon and we will be able to come out of hibernation....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
1 comment:
oh yeah...you are updating your blog!!! Yipppee...I've been missing the updates, and chatting in gmail! So glad you're back Jenn!
Post a Comment