Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What a great weekend! I am so glad that we were finally able to get away, especially after being sick for so long. Friday we headed to Manistee to stay the night there. Of course, the weather was terrible and the roads were covered with black ice, but we made it safely. After we checked into our hotel, and cranking the heat in our room (it was freezing), Andy took me to a little novelty shop that he had discovered when he had been working in Manistee. Unfortunately it was closed down. He was really bummed and pouted about it for quite awhile...LOL! So we just drove around for awhile since there wasn't really much else to do. We stopped off at a little hole-in-the-wall joint for lunch. It was pretty good and the people there were quite interesting to say the least. That's the fun part about eating at places like that. For the most part we just hung out at the hotel and relaxed in the peace and quite...something that doesn't happen around here very often. I know it sounds boring, but it was actually really nice.
Saturday we got up and headed off to Traverse City around 9:30 am. First we stopped at a little restaurant in Bear Lake for breakfast. And of course when we got to TC we had to stop at Gander Mountain. We finally arrived at Hannah and Dustin's around 12:30. I was just so excited to see her that I could hardly hold in my excitement. Being that it was the middle of winter, and there's not much else to do in TC except snowmobile or ski , so we pretty much just hung out at their apartment most of the time. Hannah did take me to the scrapbook store she works at, and of course I bought some really cool stuff. We also went to the Underground Cheesecake factory and got a sampler box... ..YUMMY! After that we drove around for awhile to see if we could find any cool places to take pics, but everything was so drab. We ended up by a pier and got some cute pictures...of us! There really wasnt much else to photograph. Over all it was a really great weekend. I know Hannah felt bad because we didnt do anything overly exciting, but to be honest, it felt great to just relax. And anything I get to do with Hannah is fun. Seeing her this weekend makes me realize how much I enjoy her company and how much I truely miss her. It also makes me realize just how special she is to me. It amazes me after all these years, and with so many miles between us that we are still so close.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

oh...you have got to send me that picture of Dustin and I!!!
I will be putting all the pictures I have on a CD for you...there are just to many to email (since Dustin took about 60 of the two of us....no joke!)
I had such a great time with you guys...and even though we were boring, I'm glad that you understand! We always have fun, no matter what!
Love ya!