Monday, April 04, 2011

Two Years

Today is our sweet Sydney's 2nd birthday! As cliche as it is, I honestly can't believe that she is two already! She has brought so much joy and laughter into our family. She is our daily entertainment for sure! Here are a few things we love about our precious Sydney Marie:
  • She has a specific name for each of her siblings; Annabelle is always Bellbelle, Alivia is always Sissy, and Sammy is Brother.
  • I have always called her Sissy, but when I do now she reminds me that she is Sydney and that (pointing at Alivia) is Sissy!
  • She claims everything as "Sydney's"...aka, Sydney's pillow, Sydney's blanket, Sydney's whatever...even if it not actually hers.
  • She is starting to speak in full sentances now...we can't always understand her but she has the cutest little voice.
  • Her hair is really coming in...and its curly!!
  • She has the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen...matched by long curly eye lashes.
  • She has many, many faces...and each one cracks us up...and she knows it!
  • She can be very stubborn...and usually gets her way because of it...and possibly because of a few of those adorable faces.
  • She loves to play with her siblings. She thinks the world of them and they think the same of her.
  • She  says "thank you mama" and "welcome" even if neither one applies
  • She loves, loves, loves to eat! Luckily she is very active to counter act her appetite!
  • She is very, very active!!
  • She finally started sleeping through the night about a month ago...yes, it took her nearly two years to accomplish a good sleeping habit! Andy and I are loving it!
  •  She insists on sleeping with her kitty (from Aunt Julie) her puppy and dolly that I made, and 3 blankies. If I only put two blankies on her she knows and will cry for the other one until I put it on her!
  • She loves to be outside!
  • She loves to be naked (well, all except a diaper, but I think she'd be just as happy without that too!)
  • She loves to take a bath...although she went through a stage for about a month where she wanted nothing to do with the bath tub because she was freaked out by floaties for awhile! She is over that now though.
  • She is smart, funny, loving, caring, crazy, compassionate, beautiful, and just all around wonderful!
  • And best of all...she's ours! What a blessing she is to us!
Happy 2nd Birthday sweet baby girl! We love you so much and we are so grateful to God for the life he gave you two years ago. Can't wait to see what great things he has in store for you!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!