Do you ever feel so grateful for the things that God does or is doing in your life that you just want to shout it from the mountain tops?
Well, that's how I feel right now!
In the past years, as we've struggled financially, I would take it upon myself to try and figure everything out. How we would pay for this or that; who we would borrow money from, etc. Of course, I prayed about it, but still felt like I had to be in control of a situation that I really had no control over. Finally, as a last ditch effort I would drop to my knees and cry out to God. Begging for his mercy and his help. In his still small voice I would hear him ask, "Do you trust me?" And when I finally realized that I had to trust God, and allow Him to be in control, he would show me just what He was capable of. And sure enough, everything turned out and we got through our hard times.
It has taken me a lot of years, but I have finally realized that when a problem arises, I need to go to God FIRST! And true to form, He always comes through for us! He may not necessarily go over board, but he gives us just what we need exactly when we need it! I shouldn't be surprised by any of this, but He really seizes to amaze me!
In the last few months we again have faced some of these financial challenges. Immediately I have asked God for help. It is so awesome how doing that releases me from that "weight of the world" that I once carried around because I thought I had to. I really do feel lighter!
Anyway, I guess I am just so grateful right now for all that God has done for us that I just feel like I have to share it. It's too good to keep to myself! And maybe, it will be a witness to someone out there who is struggling to see that you are NOT alone! There is an awesome, loving, and caring God who knows your needs before you even ask. And He even says, those who ask....shall recieve. So whatever it is you are needing in your life right now, go ahead and ask...just see what God can do!
2 comments:
Sometimes it is so hard to do that! He is great, and I think a lot of us could follow in your footsteps and go to Him first! :) Thanks for the reminder.
I feel you, Jennifer. Last year, I dealed with worrying so much that my mom would get tried of it. 2011 is the year I started trusting in God.
Post a Comment