...our Morning Calender Board!
Does it look a little different than from the picture in this post?
Well, that's because it is!
What can I say...I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I wasn't quite happy with my first results. So I tweaked a little here...a little there...and wallah!
PERFECTION...well, close enough anyway! It was still fun to make (twice!)
Now, as creative as I am (ha-ha), I did not come up with this idea all on my own.
No...really...I didn't!!
I found it on this homeschooling blog, this homeschooling blog, and this homeschooling blog. You can find their calenders right here, here, and here. Mostly they are all the same...mine is just a mish-mash combination of all of them! I picked out the projects that I thought would be the most fun and beneficial to my kids.
If you'd like to make one like mine see my list of links below :)
Most of the sections are self explanatory.The flip chart which starts out with "Today's date is" also has a blank calender for each month that we will fill in everyday, a "How many days have we been in school" chart, a tally chart to coordinate with the number of school days chart, a weather graph chart, and 12 skip counting charts. I really like the idea of the "Make the date" with money chart as well as the "Place value" chart. The girls could really use practice in both of those areas. The best part about this project is this is something we can all do together and it will be a great way to start out our day! It is fun and educational! What more can I ask for?!?
Of course, the kids think I am a genius yet again...and I intend to let them think that for as long as possible!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Months of the Year
Number of the Day (I printed out my own and I purchased the paper crayons at Target in the dollar bin)
Today is: (I cropped off the days of the week poem in order to make it fit in my board)
Make the Date: (I also this pocket for all my pockets except the weather one, I just turned them around so the coins were not showing)
Days in School (place value)
Color of the Day
The Weather outside is:
Flip Chart
Today's Date is:
Blank Monthly Calender: (I copied a blank calender that was included in Sammy's curriculum)
Tally Marks:
How Many Days have we been in School:
Skip Counting Charts:
Other supplies I used: Velcro dots, contact paper, colored and white card stock, large foam board, and large two sided adhesive squares.
I hope you have as much fun making yours as I did!
Happy Homeschooling!!
1 comment:
Your chart is neat!
Post a Comment