...sewing project with a sewing machine that is. I have been wanting a sewing machine for quite some time now. This past Christmas I finally got one from my loving husband. But, being that I have never actually sewn anything with a sewing machine, or had any training on how to use one, I have been a little gun shy about trying it. I went out and bought some easy sew patterns, some cute material, and a sewing kit (with scissors, tape, and pins, etc.) I kept telling myself to just go for it, but then I would chicken out. This past weekend I finally got up the nerve to give it a whirl. I really had NO clue what I was doing, but I decided I was never going to learn if I didn't just do it. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it was going to be. My quality of work may not pass a 6th grade home-ec class, but at least I tried! The kids thought I did a great job and that's what counts...right??
So, what did I make you wonder. I made placemats for each of the kids. I let them pick out their colors and away I went. I may have had to re-do a few stitches once or twice, but I'm not going to admit that by any means. Here is the finished project...it even has cute little pockets to hold their silverware...fun, huh? I also made a cover for my camera strap, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I hooked it all back up...oops. I plan on making a Disney themed one for our trip so I will be sure to take a picture of that before I put it on!
Despite being really nervous about my first time, I really enjoyed myself and now I have all sorts of ideas brewing around in my head. I can harldy wait to get started!!!
3 comments:
Oh Jen! You continue to inspire me! First w/ getting my blog up and going...with couponing...and now w/ sewing! I have ALWAYS wanted a sewing machine...but am TERRIFIED at trying! I just don't know if I have the talent! But you are inspiring me again! Maybe I will ask for one next Christmas! You did a great job! Love them!
Good for you! I think the placemats are cute! I bought a sewing machine and made some baby leggies and they turned out pretty good for never having used one before. And then I returned the sewing machine. lol
Great job hun!!! Sewing can be intimidating but once you get the hang of it then it isn't so bad. :) Have fun making sewing!!!! :)
Post a Comment