It's just not summer until we go camping! And camping we did go! Thursday morning the kids and I headed up to the campground ourselves since Andy had to work. The weather was beautiful and we were very excited for our camping adventure.
After we settled in we decided to try out our new card game 'Crazy Old Fish War'. It's 4 classic card games packed into one and it's a ton's of fun!
We had a spot right near the playground so the kids spent a lot of time playing there.
I took Sydney over there Friday morning so she could play too.
She really liked the swing. I think she would have sat there all day...well at least until it was time to eat again anyway!
We also had to try out the teeter-totter...Sydney and I are on the other end and I had to do all the work!
We did manage to get to the beach once during our vacation. We would have gone more but it's inevitable that sometime during our vacation it just has to rain!
After we settled in we decided to try out our new card game 'Crazy Old Fish War'. It's 4 classic card games packed into one and it's a ton's of fun!
The kids still had a good time splashing around in the water and making sandcastles.
Sydney and I just hung out underneath the beach umbrella. I read my book while she took her afternoon nap in the warm summer air.
Of course you can't go to the beach without having your toe nails painted a pretty hot pink!
I stuck her toes in the sand and water but she was NOT impressed to say the least...
Andy had to work Thursday and Friday, but Saturday he was all ours.
Before the rain hit he took the kids down to the pond for a little fishing...lets just say it's a good thing we weren't counting on them for dinner...LOL!
Sammy did catch one little one though!
Although it rained most of the day Saturday and we ended up spending most of that time indoors playing card games (which btw...I LOVE) the rain did let up for us just in time to cook dinner and play a bit of ladder golf!
Despite the rain on Friday and Saturday we still had a GREAT weekend!!! We enjoyed campfires each night except Saturday because just as we got the fire going it started to downpour again. And no camping vacation is complete without yummy smores...straight from the microwave... maybe someday my kids will appreciate them the old fashion way! I love spending time with my family. I hope that it's time like these that my kids will love and cherish, just as I do with memories of camping adventures from my own childhood!
Despite the rain on Friday and Saturday we still had a GREAT weekend!!! We enjoyed campfires each night except Saturday because just as we got the fire going it started to downpour again. And no camping vacation is complete without yummy smores...straight from the microwave... maybe someday my kids will appreciate them the old fashion way! I love spending time with my family. I hope that it's time like these that my kids will love and cherish, just as I do with memories of camping adventures from my own childhood!
4 comments:
Love the little "hot pink toenails"!! lol too cute! (and I'm jealous! lol....I have to rely on my nieces for fun like that since I have sons)---I grew up with three other sibs...had a blast...big families are so much fun...what a blessing you have, Jennifer!
Aww, what a great trip Jen! Love the pics too! Great memories!!!
I love camping!
Sydney's toes are so darn cute!
Love Andy's new hair cut! It looks great on him!
Looks like you guys made the most of your weekend! I'm sure the kids had fun no matter what!
Camping is sooo much fun! We don't get much rain around here...it doesn't matter what season it is . LOL
Post a Comment