Thursday, August 20, 2009

Four Months and Who's Who?

Sydney had her 4 month appointment yesterday. She weighed in at a whopping 17.4 lbs and is 25 in. long! And as you may have heard, as of this week she no longer needs her apnea monitor....Praise GOD!! We have gone all week now without.

At first I thought that I would be really nervous but to be honest, I haven't lost any sleep over it. Knowing that this day would eventually come, I have been asking God to fill me with peace and He has answered my prayers. From the very beginning of this journey I have completely put my faith and trust in God believing that He would protect my sweet baby girl.

The night she was born they had to take her out to the nurses station to basically keep her alive. They wheeled me out there to be with her while we were waiting for the ambulance to come for her. As I was sitting there, I was begging and pleading with God to not take my baby, to keep her safe, to let her live so she could bring glory to His kingdom some day. And then, a feeling of peace washed over me when I felt God asking me if I trusted Him. And throughout this whole journey I have continued to hear that still small voice asking me over and over "Do you trust Me?"
-----------------------------
Wow, I really didn't mean for this post to become so serious, but I guess I just needed to let you know how grateful I am that I have God in my life, especially for times like this. I couldn't have found strength any other way. He has been my Rock! And whatever happens from this day forward I will continue to turn my eyes upon Jesus and lean on Him.
--------------------------
Okay...now what I really intended to post today.....
I was looking through pictures of Annabelle the other daybecause whenever I look at Sydney it feels having Annabelle all over again! They look and act so similar it's almost scary!!

Here's a little quiz...can you guess which picture is Annabelle and which is Sydney?



Answer: It may be a little obvious but, the first picture is Annabelle when she was 4 months and according to her baby book she was 16 lbs and 25 in long. Not much smaller than Sydney! She had just as much hair too...or rather, lack of hair (although in the picture it looks like more, but it's a scan so the quality is off.) It's fun to tease Annabelle that Sydney is her twin...of course, she just eats that up!

What a joy it has been these last four months to have Sydney be a part of our family. We are all so in love with her and thank God everyday for blessing us with such a sweet little girl!

2 comments:

ellie said...

What a great post, Jennifer! I love God's success stories....and am so glad to hear that everything is indeed going well....

she's adorable!

Julie Camacho said...

Jenn-
Congratulations!!! That is awesome. She is doing so well. God is awesome...he is so faithful.