Friday, June 26, 2009

More Doctor Visits and Tests....

As most of you (my faithful Facebook followers) know, yesterday I had some medical testing done. I promised to post with the details as soon as I was able to steal the computer from my hubby had some free time. If you remember (from this post) during my pregnancy I was having some...issues. On top of having high blood pressure, low iron and potassium, I was also spilling protein into my urine along with traces of blood. None of which are good for any pregnant women. My doctor decided that I should have an ultrasound on my kidneys to check for possible problems such as kidney stones. The results of that came back negative so she then decided to send me to a urologist which, at that time, seemed like a waist of my time because the urologist was unable to do anything for me because I was pregnant. The only thing they did was set up another appointment for me to return in May after the baby was born. But, with all that had happened with Sydney and with all the doctor visits we were making with her I just decided (for myself) that I was fine so I canceled my appointment.

Well...my OB called me and insisted that I reschedule it because there could still be some underlying issues that may need to be taken care of. Reluctantly I did as she requested and set up an appointment with the urologist. I met Dr. T again and she said I still had traces of blood in my urine...I am assuming it is microscopic because I've never seen it myself. She set up two more appointments for me to have some procedures done. One (which was done yesterday) was an IVP where they injected me with a dye that "lights" up my insides so they could take lots (and lots) of x-ray pictures.

To be honest, I was terrified because I had no idea what to expect and I really psyched myself out thinking that it was going to be awful and painful. Boy was I (thankfully) wrong...it didn't hurt at all. I could feel the dye going through my body but it was just a warming feeling. And to make it even better I had a really friendly x-ray tech. Of course, I won't know the results from that test until I see Dr. T next week during my second procedure in which she is going to check out my bladder with a little camera scope.

What are they looking for you wonder? I wondered the same thing. Dr. T told me that they would be looking for kidney stones of course and, that although it is extremely rare with someone my age, the dreaded C word (cancer.) She also said that sometimes they don't find anything.

I am a little nervous about what they will (or won't find) but at least for the time being I am glad that I am not in any kind of pain. I am just trusting God that whatever the results I am in Good Hands. I also want to thank all of you who have kept me in your prayers. They were definitely answered yesterday!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Jenn, I had no idea you were having testing done. (I don't follow facebook) I will be praying that all turns out well. I'm sure God has the very best in mind for you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Talk to Emi Jo (Arnold) when you get a chance. She had the exact same thing when she was pregnant and it ended up being nothing. Praying for you!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Jenn!! Hugs!!

Hannah said...

call me if you EVER want to talk...
that's what friends are for...remember!
I love ya!