Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It FINALLY Happened...

It's a miracle! God has answered my prayers! I am rejoicing and jumping for joy! For what you wonder? Well, I will tell you...Sammy is officially potty trained!!! Hallelujah! Thank you Lord!! I truly thought it would never happen and that he would end up graduating in Pull-ups. Okay, okay...I knew eventually he would learn, but I was really beginning to wonder. We have been working with him for the last two years now, but he really wanted nothing to do with it. I have tried every trick in the book to no avail. Then last Tuesday night he was in the tub and said he had to go pee. So of course I quickly told him to get out and sit on the toilet. To my surprise he actually did and joyfully announced to us when he finishws his business! And what surprised me even more was when I asked him the next day if he wanted to wear underwear he said YES! He has been wearing them ever since except at bedtime, but we will worry about that later. I am just so thrilled that he is finally potty trained. No more pull-ups!! Way to go buddy...Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

On to other news....Sammy is feeling better. He was on breathing treatments for one week. He still has a bit of a runny nose, but he is breathing much better. I was finally able to send him back to school today.

We received the results of Sydney's apnea monitor last week also. It said she had "multiple short apneas with associated bradycardia" (low heart rate.) Exactly what that means for her, I'm not sure. Apperently when she stops breathing her heart rate drops also. The monitor is set for a low heart rate of 70 bpm. We are instructed to continue her on her monitor and to have it downloaded again in 3-4 weeks. Even though it is a pain, it is more of a comfort than anything. I get really nervous thinking about her not having it when the time comes. Of course, I will be excited, but I will be worried too. Other than that she seems to be doing really well. She has her 2 month check up this Thursday...that's right folks....2 MONTHS!!! Where did the time go?

Anyway...just wanted to thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers for both of our babies...well, our baby and our "BIG" boy :) We love you all so much!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Way to GO, Sammy boy!!! That's awesome!

I've been thinking about little Sydney. I'm so glad you have the comfort of the monitor, but I hope she grows out of her apneas soon, for all of you!

Thinking of you and praying for you.

Love ya

This N That said...

CONGRATULATIONS! YAY!!!! I cant wait until we are done! We are day trained, but not night and nap trained. Boo....

Wow, 2 months old? Really? Sheesh! Where does the time go!!!