Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My {Happy} Mother's Day

As I mentioned in my previous post, my lovely children got up before the crack of dawn to clean and tidy up the house for me as my Mother's Day surprise. When I first woke up I just thought they were up and playing already, then I realized what they were actually up to. I was clued in when I heard Annabelle bossing explaining to the other two what they needed to do. I decided to be a good mommy and let them finish up before I got out of bed...I mean I wouldn't want to ruin their surprise now would I?

Much to my delight when I finally did get up I was completely shocked when I saw what a fantastic job they had done. Both bedrooms were clean, the bathroom was {almost} spotless, and the living room was very tidy. For being 8 and 6 they sure did a great job! I quickly thanked them and told them how grateful I was for their hard work. Then Sammy boastfully stated that he did NOT help the girls clean...as if he were proud of that fact!
After that they proceeded to shower me with many hand made gifts. Alivia had an entire stack of pictures that she had drawn of me and her together. I have to say I have never looked better {wink-wink!} Annabelle gave me a beautiful gift box. I'm never to open it and I have to leave the ribbon tied. All I have to do is hold it close to my heart because it's filled with love inside! She told me that when I get lonely after she goes to college I can get it out and hold onto it! Little does she know just how soon that day will come {sniff, sniff!}

The rest of the day we spent traveling from place to place. First we went to church and were blessed to be part of some very special little childrens' dedications. We were going to have Sammy and Sydney dedicated too, but daddy ended up having to work, so we will just do it some other time. After that we headed over to Great Grandma Cameron's for lunch and a nice visit.

Our last stop of the day was my mom's house for dinner. We didn't stay long because 'somebody' was getting tired, but it was nice to visit for a little while at least. I truly love spending time with my mom. We have always had a special bond, although it has not always been easy. As I get older and am raising my own children, I see just how wonderful a mother she really is.Not only is she my mother but she is also my friend. I can always count on her. No matter what I am going through she will understand. Whenever I need a shoulder to cry on she is there. Whenever I feel like pulling my hair out, she can calm me down and help me to see the brighter side. When I am at my lowest low, she is there to pick me up. She is always there to help me celebrate the joys in my life. She has shown me how to love my kids in all circumstances. She has taught me how to mother and how to be a mother. I am only the mother I am today because of her! I've said it a million times, but I love her so much and I am so grateful that God chose her to be MY mom!

No comments: