Snow Days and Snow Forts
I used to love, love, love having snow days when I was a kid. Nothing was better than being able to sleep in a bit and then spend the entire day out in the snow until we were literally soaking wet. We built snowmen, went sledding, and of course built snow forts. Now, it's my kids' turn to enjoy these fun filled snow days. I still love the beauty of it all, but I honestly don't appreciate it the way I used to. I am not so fond of the cold, and I especially don't like driving on the snow covered roads. I do love to snowmobile though so Im not a total party pooper when it comes to winter activities! I also enjoy the cozy feeling I get when the snow is freshly fallen and I have a cup of hot cocoa to warm me. It gives me the urge to bake something soft and chewy too! Can you smell the cookies baking? Here are a few pics of the kids enjoying the snow. The first one is from yesterday when the snow was still falling. It was a little chilly so they didn't stay out too long, plus the snow was a bit "sticky" so sledding was not an easy task.
Today, the sun is out, the sky is a clear blue and the tempurtare is a bit warmer...and since Granpa Mike plowed the driveway lastnight they had a perfect start to their snow fort!!!

Today, the sun is out, the sky is a clear blue and the tempurtare is a bit warmer...and since Granpa Mike plowed the driveway lastnight they had a perfect start to their snow fort!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment