Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're Still Here
Wow! Where has the time gone? I can't believe its been 2 weeks since I last posted. And to be honest I don't even have a good excuse why I haven't...well, other than we haven't done anything to exciting since we went camping. We've just been hanging out at home for the most part. I did have my yard sale this last weekend. I sold quite a bit, but not nearly enough. My real goal was to sell it all! Hey, if you're gonna dream, might as well dream big...right?!?

About the most excitement we've had around here lately is the visitors we had the other day. A pair of ducks came waddling through our yard. They went all the way around the house...past our "bird" dogs that didn't even bother to come out of their house, let alone bark or point...anywho....i ran in the house and grabbed some bread to feed the ducks. The kids thought that was the greatest thing in the world. Of course I had to get some pictures of our visitors. They have actually been back a few times now. I'm assuming they are somebodies pets because they were not afraid of us at all. The kids even got down and were quacking at them like they were ducks. Kids...they "quack" me up...LOL!
In other news, my parents are on vacation in Massachusetts right now. They are traveling with Jim and Penny Young and Rick and Linda Harsh. They all took their fifth-wheels to stay in. My family came over on the Mayflower and my mom has always wanted to visit Plymouth Plantation. It's been a long time coming, but she was finally able to go. I'm so excited for her, but I miss her terribly. She has been emailing every night telling me about her day, so that makes it a little easier. They are having a fantastic time. They went to the plantation and met the family that my grandpa stayed with, and learned a little bit about his temperament. They also went whale watching and yesterday they went to Cape Cod. I can't wait till they get back and I get to see all the pictures.

Well, guess that's about all for now. Like I said, not a whole lot of excitement here. Hope you all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

.............ooooo, I love the ducks, I wonder who they belong to? how fun though to have them waddle through your yard!
I can't wait to hear more about your mom & dad's trip!

Julia said...

:) That's great they went on a trip!! :) Love the ducks, too cute!! :)