Thursday, June 05, 2008

~My Kindergarten Graduate~

Yesterday, Alivia's class celebrated their Kindergarten Graduation. All the kids were so excited to have their parents and grandparents come to their classroom. Their eyes light up as soon as they walk into the room. It was a bit chaotic at first, but Mr. Cozat has a way of calming them down. He is so wonderful and gentle with them, yet able to keep control. I know that Alivia sure enjoyed being in his class this year, but she is also very eager to start the first grade. She asked me after the party was over if she was going to go to the first grade tomorrow. I think she was a bit disappointed when I told her she'd have to wait till summer was over. I am not one of those mothers that doesn't want their kids to grow up, but it just doesn't feel like she should be done with Kindergarten already. It seems like she should still be 4 yrs old. The year went way to fast and I'm having a hard time catching up. I am so proud of her though and all that she accomplished this year at school. She is an avid reader and reads every chance she gets. I just hope that she will always enjoy reading as much as she does now.

The kids only have 2 more days left of school then summer vacation begins. We plan on doing a little camping and probably going to the park for picnics, but other than that we will probably be staying close to home. I'm just hoping that time will slow down a bit and that we will have lots of warm summer weather to enjoy!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

{ congratualtions alivia! }

WOW...seems to me like annabelle was just born and we were taking her on a field trip to the butterfly garden at Dow Gardens! I swear that was just yesterday!

So, you have your warm weather girl...it's 85* here in TC today...and humid...YUCK...you can have all this weather that you want, and keep it in Coleman! ;)

Hopefully we'll see you guys this weekend...have fun with your plans!

Diane Davies said...

They grow up so fast don't they? Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! Nice to see a fellow CafeMom member on here.