Well, its official...spring has sprung! I know that it has technically been "spring" for a few weeks now, but after this weekend, it's officially confirmed...by me! The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Warm air and sunshine...what more could a person ask for? We made our first trip to the park, after we got ice cream,of course, and I even stopped at a few yard sales (the first of many, I'm sure.) After being cooped up in the house forever, I almost forgot how exhilarating fresh air could feel. I love it! This weekend was just a preview of all that spring and summer have to offer and I look forward to every minute of it. We all know how quickly it passes. I can't wait to start tending to my flowers and planting a vegetable garden. We are also planning on many more trips to the park...and ice cream! The kids really enjoyed the nice weather this weekend too. Despite the wind, they had a blast at the park...they hopped from one thing to the next like they had finally found their long lost friends. They were not to happy with me when I told them it was time to go... but then again, they never are.

This weekend was just what I needed to refresh my soul. God is amazing...He always knows what I need and when I need it. I am so grateful for all the times He has brought me through the "stormy" weather, and blessed me with sunshine.For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of the birds is come.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12 KJV
the time of the singing of the birds is come.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12 KJV
1 comment:
WOW, Jenn, those pictures of the kids are great!!! Looks like you had an awesome day! (so, what the heck is up with this rain and 40 degree days we are having now?!?!) I suppose it will help to appreciate the sunshine all the more when it shows again!!!
Can I come for ice cream next time you go? ;)
Post a Comment