Friday, October 05, 2007

We finally told the kids about the big news! I have been waiting for two reasons...first, I wanted Andy to be home, and second I wanted to do it in a fun, creative way. Well, it didn't quite go as planned....I thought it would be so cute to buy 6 pumpkins, draw faces on them to resemble each of us, including the baby to be (which I put in one of their doll cribs). Then have them sitting on the counter when they got home from school. I thought Annabelle would give me her cute little 'confused' look and then guess right away that I was expecting, but instead this is how it went.... Alivia noticed them and said, "Oh look, I'm in the crib!" I told her no. Then she said it was Sammy. Again I told her no. Annabelle said, "Oh, it's Logan," (the baby I watch). Sammy's guess was their cousin, Ariana! Finally I told Annabelle to name them off..."Mommy, Daddy, Annabelle, Alivia, Sammy...are you having another baby?" I told her yes, then she noticed that her money from the tooth fairy was also sitting on the counter and that was much more appealing to her! GEEZE, I thought for sure they would be jumping up and down since they've been telling me forever that they wanted me to have another baby. Oh well, it sounded like a good idea in my head! Maybe, they were just in shock like we were and it didn't sink in. Alivia told me that she wants me to have a girl b/c boys are crazy. Then she said I should have a boy so Sammy has someone to play with and will leave her alone! I know one thing for sure, it's going to be very interesting around here.

2 comments:

Shannon Kirklin said...

It was a cute idea Jen! And congratulations on the new addition to the family :)

Shoemaker Family said...

That is a really cute idea...and what a fun story to share with them all someday. Your children sure are lucky to have you for a Mom. God knew what he was doing when He entrusted them to you two.