Friday, September 08, 2006

My oldest daughter just started Kindergarten this week. I was really excited for her, but I was also feeling a bit anxious for myself. Not because I was worried about her, but because I was just having a hard time believing that she was already old enough to be going to kindergarten. She'd already been in pre-school for two years so I was used to her being away from home. That's different from "big" school though. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in the crook of my arm. Now, before I know it I will be sitting in the gym watching her walk across the stage accepting her diploma. It just happens to fast and I don't want it to. I am tearing up right now just thinking about it. Ahh, the price I pay to be a mother.
We both survived the first day of school though. She was actullay wound like an eight day clock when she got home. I thought she'd be exhausted because she went all day, but by bed time she was still so excited that she couldn't get to sleep. I knew she would have a good time. I was pretty proud of myself when I put her on the bus because I didn't cry. I almost did, but the important thing is, is I didn't!!

No comments: