Saturday, September 16, 2006

About a month ago my mother had pictures taken of her five grandchildren, three of which were mine and the other two were my younger sister's. The kids range in age from 4 months to 5 years. So as you can imagine it was not easy getting them all to cooperate at the exact same time. Two hours, several tears, many threats, and lots of bribes later we had the picture we were happy with. Actually I thought it was very cute. I could hardly wait to get them back so I could proudly show them off. The days slowly ticked by and finally we got the call that they were in. But, unfortunatly the back ground they used was to small and the edges showed in the finished pictures. I was so upset. Of course they offered to redue them. My first thought was did they know the trouble we went through to get this picture in the first place and now they want us to do it again...so soon? AHHHHHH! But, these were for my mom and I couldn't let her down. So we set a time for an appointment to try again. It just happened to be on the weekend that my sister and her husband went away for their anniversary and she asked me to babysit! So there I was with five children in one shopping cart waiting as patiently as I could for our turn. My mom and dad were there too, but more for moral support than anything. I bribed my two older daughters with a special treat if they would promise to smile for the camera and help
me out with the three younger kids. Eventually we made it through the picture taking. They definetly did not turn out as nice as the first set, but I didn't really expect them to either. But, none the less we have pictures of our children and years from now we will have a "funny" story to tell about them.

No comments: