Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our 2009 Christmas Letter

It may have taken me a bit longer to get around to writing our Christmas letter this year, but I did write it, so that's what counts right? As I read back through my blog to help me prepare for writing this letter, I realized that much of the first of the year I definitely had baby on the brain! But Sydney is what really made this year special for all of us. So, here is our letter, short and sweet, just like little Sydne Marie!
************************************************************************************
Season’s Greetings family and friends! Can you believe that another year has come and gone already? I guess it’s really true when they say time flies when you’re having fun…or in our case, raising four kids!

This year was pretty special for us with our newest addition to the family. It was a long nine months waiting for her but Sydney Marie finally made her big debut on April 4, 2009. After a short* stay in the NICU she finally came home 9 days later to her excited sisters and brother. It was so amazing to see how quickly they fell in love with her. And, they are still spoiling her! She had to wear an apnea monitor for about four months but now she is doing great. It didn’t seem to slow her down for one second. She’s figured out how to scoot around and she is into everything. She is so curious about the world around her, and I’m pretty sure she is trying her best to keep up with her siblings! She is an amazing little girl and has brought all of us so much joy.

* I say short because it was only 9 days compared to some who stay months, but it was thee longest 9 days of our lives.

As for the rest of the year we enjoyed a wonderful summer break. Of course we celebrated birthdays in June and Sammy and Sydney were dedicated. We were also able to sneak in some trips and vacations. Andy and I took an impromptu day trip to the St. Ignace Car show with Sydney and we also went on another family camping trip. This time we reserved a spot so we did not have to search all over like we did last year. Before school started back up Annabelle attended one week of Soccer Camp. She is our little sport star and really enjoyed herself.

In September the kids went back to school. Annabelle is in the 3rd grade and Alivia is in the 2nd, but they are both in the same class. It’s a 2nd/3rd grade split class and they really seem to be enjoying it. Their friend Kylie (who I baby-sit) is also in their class which they just love! Sammy is in his second year of preschool. He is doing so well learning his colors and numbers and writing his name. Of course his favorite time is still lunch/snack time but I don’t think that will ever change!

I am still staying home and babysitting for three kids. What a blessing it is to be able to be here for my kids and not miss out on a single second especially knowing how quickly they grow up. I love being a mommy. Andy went through a couple of job changes this year, but thankfully he is still working. We also celebrated our 10th anniversary this year! Talk about time flying!! What a life we’ve built in this short ten years. We really are blessed!

I hope this letter finds you all happy and healthy and feeling blessed as well. We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and the happiest new year!

Love Always,
Andy, Jenn, Annabelle, Alivia, Sammy and Sydney Bovee

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas letter!